FTB Present Skyfactory 3: 'lost connection timed out'

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
S

superguus12

Title FTB Present Skyfactory 3: 'lost connection timed out'

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack FTB Present Skyfactory 3

Modpack version 3.0.15

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/03f25893

Details of the issue Dear sir/madam,

A few days ago my friends and I decided to play some modded Minecraft, we thought to play FTB Skyfactory 3 with 2 extra mods (1: Hats, from iChun. 2: Applied energistics 2, from AlgorithmX2).

When 1 of my friends started a server, everyone could join except for me. When I double tab on the server I have to wait for 2 minutes to see loading terrain. After a while, I see about 10 frames that I have joined and that I have some items in my hotbar (as usual in modded Minecraft) and then I got disconnected with the message:
Connection lost
Timed out

This happens every time whenever I am joining my friend his server.

Also, when I join the server, my friends see already in chat that I joined the server and that I left the server, besides that, they also see my character/skin (they did not try to hit me so I do not know if I have even a hitbox that can be hit).

So in short: try to play FTB Present Skyfactory with friends, 1 friend set up a server, I could not join and the rest of my friend could join, see some frames that I have joined (friends see in chat that I have joined and they see my skin), Sees the message: lost connection: timed out.

Sorry if my English is bad, I am working on it :)
KInd regards
superguus12

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rilezyy

I am having the same problem. Hope this gets fixed. Good Luck :)

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
That sounds like an internet issue. Where is the server being hosted out of your friends house? If so that is always a bad place to host a server.

S

superguus12

The server is hosted at my friend his house. I also see that in have a ping of 30 with the server. or does not the ping make any sence in this case?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Not really. Ping uses a small packet size and isn't a good test of speed or quality of service. All ping is really good for is to check to see if connectivity does exist.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Not sure if it is your end or your friends. Or someplace in between the two. This is one of the reasons I prefer to host out of dedicated data center that can give me essentially unlimited upload bandwidth. Whereas hosting out somebody's home you are restricted on upload bandwidth then also have contention issues with what your next door neighbors are doing.

You might want to have your friends get together and get a server of some type. Personally I use soyoustart.com which is the gaming sub brand from OVH.com and is actually housed in OVH's data centers.

S

superguus12

Not sure if it is your end or your friends. Or someplace in between the two. This is one of the reasons I prefer to host out of dedicated data center that can give me essentially unlimited upload bandwidth. Whereas hosting out somebody's home you are restricted on upload bandwidth then also have contention issues with what your next door neighbors are doing.

You might want to have your friends get together and get a server of some type. Personally I use soyoustart.com which is the gaming sub brand from OVH.com and is actually housed in OVH's data centers.
Thanks for the quick reaction
My friend who is hosting the modded server, which i can not join, hosted also a vanilla server which I can join
Is their a relation between modded and my internet?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Modded would be nature need a lot more bandwidth. In addition to the vanilla part of it, it also needs to communicate all of the server related data for each mod out there. For example you have Thermal Expansion installed, now the server needs to communicate with the clients about vanilla plus this Blizz just spawned here, this iron ingot just finished in a redstone furnace and used this much power, and the list goes on. So yes a modded server has much more demands on the network, clients and the server involved.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Henry, I hope it's okay if I try another angle here.

Guus, how does the modpack perform if you try to load a single player player world?
Does it take just as long for you to get into the game? If it takes longer, how much longer?

Maybe this is a signature, maybe it is not. Who knows?

S

superguus12

Henry, I hope it's okay if I try another angle here.

Guus, how does the modpack perform if you try to load a single player player world?
Does it take just as long for you to get into the game? If it takes longer, how much longer?

Maybe this is a signature, maybe it is not. Who knows?

First thing what i tried after that i could not join, i started a singleplayer test world. Everything was fine. Did not had any problems.