Problem AE2 P2P Network Not Connecting?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
U

UnintentionalFan

Hello! I am running an FTB Infinity Evolved clone with some server utilities added, and had an idea for a private player banking system that players could have access to while at the community hub. However, for some reason that I cannot figure out, the networks are not connecting to each other across P2P. See the pictures below for a full explanation of the problem and the setup.

nekWg4r.png

This is the Wireless Access Point relay that will give players access to their banks via assigned wireless terminals. As you can see, it is all powered up.

pFb14el.png

This is the cable pattern all the way down. Nothing is intersecting in any direction. NOTE: I did not notice the shape it made until I took this picture, it wasn't intentional.

Z3wthJE.png

The P2P tunnels are properly configured on this side, and I've used memory cards to connect four of the networks, however, none of them work.

AmR2aro.png

The P2P tunnel is going through a Quantum Network Bridge, as seen here...

YpChg2W.png

... to where the physical storage is, about 5000 blocks away.

zasngk2.png

While the P2P tunnel here is able to see the other side,

3etlQcm.png

the bank account networks cannot.

NRmNBnV.jpg

These are the bank accounts.

5s3a6OK.png

It's a fairly standard setup, and individually, each one of them works. They've all been tested.

wUPgqzD.png

Once again, the tunnels are properly configured. Memory cards were used to match them to the other side.

Jv2FrVD.png

But they cannot see the other side, where the wireless access points are.

sHJB74t.png

Interestingly enough, the P2P tunnels on the bank side can't see the other side either, even though the other side can see the bank side.

gds5dgl.png

I've tried re-arranging this in several configurations, to include having the banks and the Quantum Network Bridge attached to different faces of the controller, but nothing fixed the issue.

BWm6vrM.png

I've removed and replaced blocks, triple checked everything, all of the wiring checks out as far as I can tell. Whatever is going wrong, I can't spot it. If anyone sees whatever it is I am missing, I would greatly appreciate a hand in sorting this out.

Thanks!

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
If I understand this correctly, you are trying to use p2p to run multiple separate networks through a single cable and network bridge. I'm not sure that that is intended to be a thing, but it is an interesting concept. Where is Nonsanity when you need him?

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
All the p2p Bridge would do in this case is keep each wireless ap on a separate channel set. The other end would we'd 32 separate AE systems with security terminals and drive and what not p2ped to the aps so people could then access the drive/s on the separate system they are assigned to.

Is this the intended function?

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Nevermind. For some reason have the attached pictures weren't showing on my phone. See them all on the pc.

Now that they are all loaded.

You are out of channels. You have a dense cable going to all 32 p2ps on the bank side and to the bridge. Leaves no channels for the p2ps on the other side.

Put an anchor on the bridge at the bank end and add a dense cable to the top of the controller. Should be good

U

UnintentionalFan

If I understand this correctly, you are trying to use p2p to run multiple separate networks through a single cable and network bridge. I'm not sure that that is intended to be a thing, but it is an interesting concept. Where is Nonsanity when you need him?
I got this to work on anb identical setup with only three banks and two sets of three wireless access points that both worked.

Lol, I watched all of Nonsanity's vids, that's how I learned AE2 x3

Nevermind. For some reason have the attached pictures weren't showing on my phone. See them all on the pc.

Now that they are all loaded.

You are out of channels. You have a dense cable going to all 32 p2ps on the bank side and to the bridge. Leaves no channels for the p2ps on the other side.

Put an anchor on the bridge at the bank end and add a dense cable to the top of the controller. Should be good

I tried that, I put the controller in between the Quantum Network Bridge and the banks so that the dense cables were attached to different faces. I'm wondering now if the Quantum Network Bridge uses a channel... I'm going to try bringing it from 32 banks to only 31 and see if that fixes it. Will post results after testing.

Thanks for the responses!

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
The bridge does not use a channel but it does only transfer 32 channels.

If I get a chance tonight I'll try to replicate your build in a creative world. See what I get.

Are you using anything ae2y besides ae2? Add-ons it whatever?

U

UnintentionalFan

The bridge does not use a channel but it does only transfer 32 channels.

If I get a chance tonight I'll try to replicate your build in a creative world. See what I get.

Are you using anything ae2y besides ae2? Add-ons it whatever?

We're running a clone of Infinity Evolved on SpongeForge with Forge Essentials and a not working Opus added in.

Also, I just redid some stuff, and came to discover that the bridge does not use a channel, as you said. I also found out that a wireless access point on the same network as the banks does not work. Pictures included.

This is the siring for the bank. There are cable anchors at the top of the ME Drive stacks:
LVZ2M6L.png

Showing that I'm "out of range" despite being adjacent to the access point:
DILM0BL.png

Showing that the terminal is linked:
EBRhlKN.png

and that the channels from the top wire are within limits
nQWPs4v.png

I legit think that AE2 just broke. I cannot spot any errors in my wiring, and I tested an identical setup on a much smaller scale and had no issues.

S

Sudra

I think the issue might be near the quantum ring. From my experience, only the center side blocks can connect. Right now it looks like you have the same cable connecting the P2P tunnels as the quantum ring. If you're going to be using a full 32 channels on the other side, it needs a dedicated dense cable.

One way you can do it is just shift the ring over 1 block, so the dense cable for the bank side P2Ps doesn't connect, but the controller is directly on one of the connectable blocks.

I do have some experience with advanced P2P and have had similar problems at one point. The issue you're running into is more than likely a channel issue.