No Twitch

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
M

Maligner

Just wanted to communicate, I don't want anything to do with Twitch. Since the change, I have had to dump Curse, and FTB. I know telling you doesn't make a difference, but I have at least tried.

Good luck.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Just wanted to communicate, I don't want anything to do with Twitch. Since the change, I have had to dump Curse, and FTB. I know telling you doesn't make a difference, but I have at least tried.

Good luck.
Thats sad. Twitch is a great program, I've met a lot of great people on there.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
You can still use the FTB launcher if you want to play the FTB packs, check under the red download button on feed-the-beast.com for legacy downloads

upload_2017-10-15_17-51-58.png

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
aaaaaand what's wrong with twitch exactly? it only takes 2 more button clicks to reach your packs

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
aaaaaand what's wrong with twitch exactly? it only takes 2 more button clicks to reach your packs
For me? Not Linux compatible. And I run Linux. It is, in fact, the ONLY launcher that is not Linux compatible. And while I probably COULD get it to work under WINE, I really can't be arsed to do so.

I'll just stick with ATLauncher, thanks.

Also, the Original Poster is kinda... passive aggressive. He makes an account just to say good bye? Umm... okay, whatever.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
It also takes a nightmarishly long time to load the launcher, followed by an almost equally long time to load a list of packs installed on my computer, then adds in the load time for minecraft. If I want to play, I start firing up the game an hour before I actually intend to start.

And yes, I do use both launchers, just because the Legacy Launcher has my custom pack which doesn't migrate well to the Twitch Launcher.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I've gotten fed up with the Twitch client as well. Mostly because it is either VERY slow or just doesn't work to download a pack any more. Not to mention when they first changed it all over to Twitch and added the new look/feel to it, it basically killed my ability to edit packs or download new ones.

So I'm pretty much done and I've starting to use the One Client. Just a pure launcher but it is still being developed. If you are interested: http://hearthproject.uk/#!client

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Ok then guess I'm the only one it actually works for
Nope, it actually works really well for me too. Don't get me wrong, I'd like a few less clicks to have to make to get to the modpack I want to play, but that's a very minor gripe. I've used it for both Regrowth and Age of Engineering, and it seems to have been fine for both; not the fastest load times once I start the modpack itself, but I AM playing on a laptop. Bizarrely though, I was running Beyond off the FTB launcher :p

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
The reason Twitch is so good is because their are so many more packs. The FTB launcher has like 10ish 3rd party packs. Twitch has 1000s.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
The reason Twitch is so good is because their are so many more packs. The FTB launcher has like 10ish 3rd party packs. Twitch has 1000s.

Well, understandably, FTB launcher will host FTB packs and some third party packs with known and trusted pack makers, where as Twitch will host everyone and their dog's pack.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The other slight advantage is the ability to share private packs over the Twitch Launcher.
Now, I don't remember about FTB, but I know this could be done with the Technic Launcher way back when, so I know its not exclusive to Twitch - that said, its good to know that. Last time my friends and I played a hand-built steampunk-themed 1.7.10 pack, we downloaded all the mods ourselves, and used a dropbox-based word doc to make sure the versions we had of the mods all matched up. Which worked, but was tedious.