Clean looking farming station setup?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

drakaina

is there a way to make a farming station install look clean? Like minimal me cable visible and little to no enderio conduit showing? I've got power coming in the bottom but I had run the cables above. Can the cables for inputs and outputs be put on a loop with a single cable connection to a dense cable?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
ME Conduits have facades that you can paint to look like anything to go around them. There's also an ME Conduit if you need to run your ME network through EnderIO conduits.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Consider using EnderIO item conduits to move your inventory around. Since it's a conduit, you should be able to stack it with the power cable to use only one side, while pumping items into and out of an ME Interface below ground (or in a nearby shed, if you want easy access for down the road). You could use a chest as a buffer with similar results, if you prefer to use Import/Export Busses over Interfaces.

D

drakaina

Hmm.... not sure about the item conduits. Do they connect up similarly like AE2 cables and the import/export hubs?

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Set up 2 Chests under the station for input of tools and out put of product.
Set up conduits appropriately.
Put an export but to the input chest for the needed tools so AE and make your axes and hoes and what have you.
Import from the other chest to get the goods.

D

drakaina

I ended up going this route. Not as nice as I'd have lied, but it works. PITA to dig up my whole far to run the dense cables underground, but it's acceptable. Well, in the sense of being simple and quick to setup. No covers yet since I'm testing out different styles to match the granite retaining walls surrounding the farm.

Attachments

• 2017-10-05_17.39.30.png
    2017-10-05_17.39.30.png
    326 KB · Views: 182
D

drakaina

I will test out using the item conduits in a creative world though in the case it might look cleaner.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
It will look much cleaner, you can even paint an EnderIO Facade to look like dirt (or any other block you can obtain, so if you had some by whatever method, you could make it look like farmland), and really hide the cables.

What you'll want to do is In/Out on the conduit facing the farming station, then have your ME system supply an Interface (likely with crafting card) with whatever you had the import bus or busses stocking the farming station with. The extract can go to the same supply interface. This will save you lots of channels, and be both much cleaner in appearance and easier to troubleshoot.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
You can connect everything to the bottom. EnderIO has ME conduits which function like ME cables but can fit in the same block as other EnderIO conduits such as power input.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
I see that now, missed it before.
So what are the other 2 busses for drakania?

C

Chef

I'm learning so much, thanks for the facades tip! I had the same question for a while!

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I ended up going this route. Not as nice as I'd have lied, but it works. PITA to dig up my whole far to run the dense cables underground, but it's acceptable. Well, in the sense of being simple and quick to setup. No covers yet since I'm testing out different styles to match the granite retaining walls surrounding the farm.
You will never need more than a connection on one side if you use EnderIO conduits. Set the item conduit to in/out and enable the self-feed option, so that harvested seeds go back into the Farming Station until it's full, and go elsewhere after that. You can auto-replace tools the same way if you connect some auto-crafting machine (I recommend the one from RFTools), but only if you don't route the output into an interface directly. I recommend using only formatted storage for your auto-production setup anyway.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
If the pack has AA then you can use Phantom Faces to pull things in and out wirelessly. I would also recommend making unbreakable hoes to prevent the need of restocking.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
With Tinker's Construct, you can make a Mattock with one obsidian and two paper components... then make a bunch of reinforcement until it becomes Unbreakable. Mattock counts as both an axe and a hoe, so you only need the one.

Alternately, just use Cloches

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Unbreakable tinker tools have to be made of all paper so you get 5 upgrades. Then you make blank casts and surround with obsidian. Ally all 5 and unbreakable.

From there you can emboss the tool if you want something extra.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Unbreakable tinker tools have to be made of all paper so you get 5 upgrades. Then you make blank casts and surround with obsidian. Ally all 5 and unbreakable.

From there you can emboss the tool if you want something extra.
You can, but I prefer to have one component made of Obsidian for the Reinforced trait by itself, so that you have an extra modifier at the end of things.