Problem HELP! I can't craft Bronze ingots in 'FTB: Beyond' - Thermal Expansion

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Z

Zenofy

Hey there,

I'm trying to work with Thermal Craft, in particular Thermal Foundation, however it will literally NOT let me craft the bronze using copper and tin...

Is this a config on the server preventing me from crafting? How can I fix this?

K

Kiama

I haven't played Beyond much but in most mod packs I play you can't do that. There are two common alternatives:

1. Macerate/pulverize/grind the ingots into dust and then combine the dust into bronze dust and smelt it.
2. Create bronze in a Tinker's Construct smeltery.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
@Kiama is spot on here - the combining ingots for bronze route was something usually added by Forestry, where bronze was required but there wasn't any machines to make dusts or anything. The default route added by the Thermal suite is to pulverise into dusts, craft bronze blend (or Tinker's alloy blend, as it was once confusingly known) and smelt that. For my part, I always used option 2 - the Tinker's Construct Smeltery - throw 3 copper to 1 tin in there and let it melt. Its worth bearing in mind that, unlike older versions of Tinker's construct, the alloying doesn't actually happen instantaneously - it takes a few seconds.

Reactions: Le Meilleur sSamir

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Hey there,

I'm trying to work with Thermal Craft, in particular Thermal Foundation, however it will literally NOT let me craft the bronze using copper and tin...

Is this a config on the server preventing me from crafting? How can I fix this?
It is done in the Induction Smelter. One tin dust as flux for three copper ingots makes four bronze ingots.

You can also pulverize copper and tin and make it normally as per recipes included in Thermal Foundation.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Oh boy. If you're not familiar with Tinker's Construct, I suggest you look it up. There are also Tinker's Construct in-game books I believe, that should help. I can't remember if there were any recipe changes for the parts that make up the Smeltery in FTB Beyond.

Have a look through this: https://ftbwiki.org/Smeltery

Also, it should be noted that the base of the smeltery can be as small as 1x1, though the 3x3 setup mentioned in the above is one that's commonly used.