Auto Restart for a Feed the Beast Server

A

Adeith

I set up a server and I wanted to know if somebody could help me out with a way to auto restart my server. I want the server to auto restart every 12 hours and before restarting to display a message in game 5 minutes before restarting that says something like "Server will be restarting in 5 minutes". I have heard of using scripts but I have no idea how that works. If somebody could help out that would be awesome. The server is for FTB Beyond 1.10.2 and my OS is Windows 7

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Doing it on windows isn't my cup of tea. But I do this already with my linux servers. I have 3 of them up and they all used scripted startups/restart and backups. So I can tell you it is possible, just not sure how to do it in windows.

J

Josh S

Doing it on windows isn't my cup of tea. But I do this already with my linux servers. I have 3 of them up and they all used scripted startups/restart and backups. So I can tell you it is possible, just not sure how to do it in windows.
What do your scripts look like for linux to do this? I'm mainly looking for how to restart the server gracefully in linux.

J

Josh S

Thank you for this information, the script works amazingly well! Kudos to you.