First Build In Beyond

CompassRose

Jul 29, 2019
Joined a survival server as soon as Beyond went live and put it through its paces. Here is what I came up with. There are multiple buildings, with the main base being a modern research center style building.

J9RgKMp.png

I tried to incorporate as much of Architecturecraft into the build as I possibly could.

fn62GW5.png

YdDOaAn.png

mwylULn.png

After working with the mod on this scale I can't imagine building any kind of significant structure without it. It solves too many problems to go back to standard squares ever again. It handles curves like a pro.

For the auxiliary building I wanted to showcase a little of Pam's Harvestcraft as well as Decocraft in one build. So I made a seaside bar and grille, given the base is on the coast.

5z3iE1d.png

Fv9TSEM.png

gnz5esa.png

OiXMqmu.png

The 3rd building was a Corinthian-style pavilion dedicated to the embers mod.

ZCUsvpz.png

TOHTKJt.png

Aesthetically this pack is very good. I think Decocraft and Architecturecraft are going to be staples in any pack I get involved with. The projects I like to build just wouldn't look as rich without them. Time to sit back and cruise now until expert mode comes out. :D

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
This is just awesome, I salute you :)

Posts remind us of what modded Minecraft is all about, building awesome things in a digital sandbox, too many of us focus
on the mechanics of various mods and just stockpile vast amounts of resources, you have demonstrated something amazing here.

I am inspired!

-Wuffle

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
That's some really great stuff!

Are those modern appliances in Beyond? Are they functional or just decocraft kind of things? I remember passing by a mod that had modern appliances that actually did stuff, like the dishwasher would repair items for example. Is that in Beyond? Or are those just decorations.

Also, what's that satanic ritual thing from? I'm playing Beyond (with some bonus stuff) and I don't even know what's in it! lol

Either way, love it! The buildings are great. Love that greenhouse!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Beautiful work, really stunning! :) I keep forgetting about the ArchitectureCraft mod - that's really nice.

I'm still in early stages with Beyond, and this has reminded me that I can up my game a little and keep it aesthetic as well as functional!

S

Steph32

Wow! I loved the Honey Comb fountain.
You ever use Chisel & Bits in your builds?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Oh my gosh, looking at this again has inspired me further - I want to use the curved ArchitectureCraft blocks to make cylindrical chimneys, and maybe even pipes!!! Damn I need to get on and get cracking.

Thank you for posting this and sharing your awesome work!

CompassRose

Jul 29, 2019
That's some really great stuff!

Are those modern appliances in Beyond? Are they functional or just decocraft kind of things? I remember passing by a mod that had modern appliances that actually did stuff, like the dishwasher would repair items for example. Is that in Beyond? Or are those just decorations.

Also, what's that satanic ritual thing from? I'm playing Beyond (with some bonus stuff) and I don't even know what's in it! lol

Either way, love it! The buildings are great. Love that greenhouse!

Decocraft decorations DO have some functionality to them. A lot of it revolves around storage. So a lot of the shelves, the refrigerator/freezer act as storage chests and have a GUI when you click on them.

The satanic ritual thing is the Embers mod. It's the alchemy component that allows you to convert materials using ash piles. It's how you make the weapons and armor from the mod. Many thanks for your compliments on my build.

Reactions: Drbretto

CompassRose

Jul 29, 2019
Wow! I loved the Honey Comb fountain.
You ever use Chisel & Bits in your builds?

Yes. I wanted to push the limits of chisel and bits to see how detailed you can get if you used the entire 16 x 16 pixel map of each, individual block. I started on a football field, and....being from Philadelphia decided to make the Eagles logo.

The logo ended up being 16 blocks x 11 blocks in total.

Tx4WfAx.png

S

Steph32

Yes. I wanted to push the limits of chisel and bits to see how detailed you can get if you used the entire 16 x 16 pixel map of each, individual block. I started on a football field, and....being from Philadelphia decided to make the Eagles logo.

The logo ended up being 16 blocks x 11 blocks in total.

Tx4WfAx.png
Holy cow!! That's amazing!
Can't wait to see more of your work!