Best pipes from What mod to Transfer Energy?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

Daihok

Just curious what is the best mod right now for transfering large amounts of energy? Currently playing 1.10.2 but will probably move to 1.11.2 soon as immersive engineering updates. So many mods now days generate such large power was just curious how most of you are transferring that large amount of power? Aso the best way to transfer the power for Long distance as well as shorter distances.

Last edited:

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
I've been mostly using Enderio conduits, but switched to energy cables from fine stuff (because they are cheaper). For 'radio' type of transfer you can also use Energy Laser Relays, and if you have Draconic evolution, you can use its power node stuff. For long distance transfer obviously it is more convenient to use 'radio' transfer than cables or pipes (especially if they have loss).

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
For the largest amount of power transferred? In 1.10 it's the Draconic Evolution power transfer system. Hands down. But quite end game.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
^-- what he said.

You might find the discussion in this thread useful, it discusses various power options: https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/th...rmal-expansion-in-ftb-direwolf20-1-10.235303/

Even the low tier DE energy transfer crystals are pretty good, and don't take a huge amount of resources - a stack of draconium, diamonds and gold and you've got more than enough to build plenty of the bottom tier crystals.

EDIT: The second Tier ("Advanced") of the DE stuff unfortunately requires Nether Stars for the Wyvern Core.

D

Daihok

Awesome thanks guys yea never looked at the DE stuff. and I use to use ender i/O but when trying to get large amounts of power to RF tools dimensions even the highest tier ender cable just wasnt cutting it.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
RFTools Power Cells might be your answer. The top tier ones move a lot of power, and can be linked to any distance. So you make them and link them and slap them down beside the builder. You can connect up to 6 of them if you're not intending on changing the dimensional tab.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I asked on the Thermal Expansion forum about tesseracts. They're currently being re-developed. I would wait for those.

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
Dimensional Transceivers from EnderIO. They are basically the same thing as tesseracts. I believe they have unlimited throughput too.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Dimensional Transceivers from EnderIO. They are basically the same thing as tesseracts. I believe they have unlimited throughput too.

That's a negative. Direwolf20 found that out in this let's play when he was trying to send/receive power from his DE reactor. They could not keep up.

Reactions: Reddis

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
DTE limit is 40k, 2x and ender conduit. Still nothing like tesseracts though. Flux plug is probably your best bet. Just make sire to unchecked the "limit output" option.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Never used the quantum entangloporter. I've only ever played Mekanism in 1.7.10 so I've always had Tesseracts. No need for it.

D

Daihok

Everyone always talks about mekanisms fps issues i have never had a problem with mekanism in any of the packs i put together. I wasnt meaning that rude or anything. I just have never seen it though i get 100+ fps with or without mekanism. Its to me one of my favorite mods actually. Not just because of the 5x ore processing either, just everything in that mod is great. One my favorite things is putting a extreme reactor hooked into mekanism turbine = 2mill RF tick if done right.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Oh it's great, but things start off slow, and then as you upgrade them, first to factories, then with actual upgrades, the power requirements even with the energy upgrades go nuts, followed by the actual speed and that generates updates, which snowball. I've never actually gone beyond 3x processing, but even so, I had to move it out of my base in order to keep the game running reasonably smooth.