Presser automation hairpulling, need help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using version 1.5.0 of the Direwolf20 pack, and I'm trying to at least automate Soy Milk. I have a setup to do it, but there's a problem here.

How I got it set up is through EnderIO. Starts with the Farming Station, then goes into a Presser. But if it receives over a stack of Soybean in its top slot, it starts to fill up the Output slots and gums up the Presser.
Will having something like a buffer chest, prevent the overflowing? Or through Redstone(which I'm a n00b at)? Or is there no way to properly regulate the number that goes in?

Last edited:

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
extra utilities transport node with transport filter to put a stack of items only in presser.

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, cool. Though I wish I knew how (and where) to attach it that would also work with my current setup.
The only thing I can think of is connecting the inbound Soybean to a buffer chest, then use ExtraUtilities.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, cool. Though I wish I knew how (and where) to attach it that would also work with my current setup.
The only thing I can think of is connecting the inbound Soybean to a buffer chest, then use ExtraUtilities.
use the transfer node on the chest with the input of the soy. then put the filter on the side of the presser. set it to only up to a stack

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If he's in 1.10, then Extra Utilities is the only one of these options that'll work. Blood Magic's Node system can also be set to move up to a limit. Another option is EnderIO's speed downgrades, which I believe are in 1.10. Basically it defaults to moving 4 items, and those will slow it by one each. Not sure how slow it needs to go though.

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
use the transfer node on the chest with the input of the soy. then put the filter on the side of the presser. set it to only up to a stack

I tried this. I re-routed the Soybean to its own buffer chest (instead of the Presser), then put a Transfer Node on the bottom. But when I tried to connect ExtraUtilities' pipes to the Presser, it won't connect. Even with the Transfer Filter there, it won't connect.
The Soybean are sitting in the Transfer Node going nowhere. Here's a few pictures;
http://puu.sh/tZ2oy/f23c3e8e1a.jpg
http://puu.sh/tZ2Bj/d4d7ef599c.jpg

I tried putting it on the top and bottom of a Presser, and it seems ExtraUtilities is 'incompatible' with Pam's Harvestcraft (connection-wise).

Last edited:

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
have you tried puting the filter on top?

"I tried putting it on the top and bottom of a Presser, and it seems ExtraUtilities is 'incompatible' with Pam's Harvestcraft (connection-wise)."
Please re-read what I've said.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
They're trying to trick it into working anyway.

Instead, put a vanilla hopper on top of the presser, and then feed your ExU piping into that. It'll technically over fill, but I'm fairly sure the hopper can only fill the input slot as it's supposed to, so the remainder will simply sit in the hopper until there's room.

If not, then that's a bug to report to Pam's.

Last edited:

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I tried this too. Put the Transfer Filter ontop the Hopper. It connects, but the transfer filter won't work with the hopper. It's still allowing more than a stack in.
So I tried to set it to allow only one item instead of a stack. That.... -seems- to be working, but it was still putting them in a bit too fast. Then I tried to extend the pipes (as the longer it'll take to reach the output, the less it'll enter into the Presser).
Again, seems to be working now. It's only adding 1-2 in at a time.

The point is, it's not gumming up the Presser. That's the important thing. Need to play around with this, to try to get a good balance between processing and inserting (using the speed of the Presser).

Last edited:

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
Milking cows? ExU mechanical user with buckets.
You mean just having a pen with cows, and doing this? I didn't know it was that easy.
I don't often experiment with things like this. I feel it's a waste of resources (even though I am starting to get close to the point to getting a quarry going with RFTools) when I try something and it doesn't work (as there's no Uncrafter from The Twilight Forest anymore).

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yeah. You'll have to play with the button settings because don't remember which of them it is, but it should work perfectly. Direwolf did it on his Forgecraft series.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
From the plethora of posts regarding it, I'm going to assume that the I/O functionality of the Presser is borked. I've seen complaints of overflowing input (as mentioned here), inputs and outputs being extracted by pipes, and even a report of an input landing directly into the output slots. If you haven't already, swing by the GitHub and make sure your overflow is a known bug (and to see if it has been addressed already).