Midgame-y waterbreathing options?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So i've started a new world with the intention of living in a domed colony on the ocean floor.

When i've built something like this in vanilla previously I ended up mass producing potions of waterbreathing, but i'd rather not go down the brewing route this time if there's other options available.

The only things I've seen as alternatives to this so far are the draconic helmet (which is definitively NOT a midgame thing) and the bound armor with a sigil of water (again, something that I'd come to later in the playthrough).

Any ideas?

[ed note: I'm still using Infinity Evolved 1.7.10]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So i've started a new world with the intention of living in a domed colony on the ocean floor.

When i've built something like this in vanilla previously I ended up mass producing potions of waterbreathing, but i'd rather not go down the brewing route this time if there's other options available.

The only things I've seen as alternatives to this so far are the draconic helmet (which is definitively NOT a midgame thing) and the bound armor with a sigil of water (again, something that I'd come to later in the playthrough).

Any ideas?

[ed note: I'm still using Infinity Evolved 1.7.10]
I think you can use IC2's scuba helmet thing with compressed air cells or some such. I've never done it myself but I recall reading about it. And it qualifies as midgame.

http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Scuba_Helmet

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Botania's Ring of Chordata...

Faster swim speed, night vision under water, unlimited air if you have mana on you (tablet or ring)

Reactions: rhn and Pyure

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Are you in need of them for construction purposes? Or for getting in/out?

I think the Dark Steel Helmet has an option for Respiration upgrade on it. You don't want to go down the brewing path constantly, but you might want to look into Botanical Brewing for an emergency solution. If your base is deep underwater having one available for an emergency repair would be smart, and the second level has 8 uses. Blood Magic has the Sigil of the Dome that pushes away water, which can be helpful.

Witchery's Poppet system with protection from water will stop you drowning, once each I believe, but are not a long term solution. Thaumcraft might also offer an answer, but I haven't looked into that very deeply.

Reactions: Greystoke