Waypoints?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DireOak

Jul 29, 2019
So I was wondering how to do waypoints with multiple worlds and stuff. It's irritating that you have to use a new client or hide specific waypoints every time you go to a new server or create a new world.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
So I was wondering how to do waypoints with multiple worlds and stuff. It's irritating that you have to use a new client or hide specific waypoints every time you go to a new server or create a new world.

Why would you want to have waypoints carried between servers/worlds?

Do you mean that the system is not savings your waypoints?

DireOak

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you want to have waypoints carried between servers/worlds?

Do you mean that the system is not savings your waypoints?

I mean that when I save waypoints on my ssp world it transfers over to when I log on a smp or a different ssp world. Is it supposed to do that? Unless if I'm missing something idk what I'm doing wrong.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
He means dimension.

Evidently not, it seems.

I mean that when I save waypoints on my ssp world it transfers over to when I log on a smp or a different ssp world. Is it supposed to do that? Unless if I'm missing something idk what I'm doing wrong.

Mm, just to confirm, if you make a waypoint at 0,0,0 on an SSP world, that same waypoint will show up even on another SSP world/on a SMP server?

If so, that's broken, and I don't THINK it is how it should be set up to work. But I am not sure as I don't use the Voxel minimap as it's fairly crappy in general.

DireOak

Jul 29, 2019
Evidently not, it seems.

Mm, just to confirm, if you make a waypoint at 0,0,0 on an SSP world, that same waypoint will show up even on another SSP world/on a SMP server?

If so, that's broken, and I don't THINK it is how it should be set up to work. But I am not sure as I don't use the Voxel minimap as it's fairly crappy in general.

That's exactly what happens. It's irritating b/c I can't seem to get it to work with Rei's Minimap either.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
That's exactly what happens. It's irritating b/c I can't seem to get it to work with Rei's Minimap either.

Yeah, that's broken. When you disable the Voxel Map and turn on Rei's Minimap, it does something similar?

DireOak

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that's broken. When you disable the Voxel Map and turn on Rei's Minimap, it does something similar?

I haven't tried it that way. I just noticed that it does it even with a vanilla install. I'll try to enable Rei's Minimap on the Ultimate pack after dinner. I've only used the Voxel map so far with the Ultimate modpack.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tried it that way. I just noticed that it does it even with a vanilla install. I'll try to enable Rei's Minimap on the Ultimate pack after dinner. I've only used the Voxel map so far with the Ultimate modpack.

Yeah, good call. Tell us if Rei's MiniMap works properly for you, and enjoy dinner!

DireOak

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, good call. Tell us if Rei's MiniMap works properly for you, and enjoy dinner!

Haha, thanks. It was awesome! BBQ Chicken and the works :). Btw, installing Rei's Minimap after removing the VoxelMap seems to have done the trick. It's odd, b/c i've had this problem since I've begun using minimaps. Anyways, thanks for the help y'all! I"ll post back here in case it comes up again. Hopefully it doesn't. Mining, here I come :D.

Reactions: Guswut

tabs

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, thought it was the usual complaint of voxel map not saving waypoints per dimension as rei's did.