Can I move items from cell to cell (AE2)?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

doxiMAN_MAN

Jul 4, 2016
I started by making a bunch of 16k cells, now I have A LOT of resources, and I want to make a bunch of 64k cells or even more than that (I have extra cells mod on), to save space in the ME drive, can I somehow with some kind of a machine take what I can take the cells that I'm using now (16K's), and just move the items into the 64k cells? I have like 2 FULL ME drives with 16K's. SOOOO... YEAH, I want to save space, and it will bother me that I have 2 full me drives with 16k's, and then like 3 ME drives full of 1024k's or something (I have a quarry running on a quartz block dimension).

Thanks!
doxiMAN_MAN

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
Your looking for the ME IO Port. You can either take all your 16ks out of your drives and add the 64ks to the drives then use the IO port by placing your 16's in and it will xfer all the items off those drives.

Or you can set the IO port to pull items from the net work and place the 64ks in it and it will pull all the items from your network onto the 64ks. Beware it will pull from any storage buses this way too so if you have half a million cobble on a storage bus, it will pull from there too.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

doxiMAN_MAN

Jul 4, 2016
Your looking for the ME IO Port. You can either take all your 16ks out of your drives and add the 64ks to the drives then use the IO port by placing your 16's in and it will xfer all the items off those drives.

Or you can set the IO port to pull items from the net work and place the 64ks in it and it will pull all the items from your network onto the 64ks. Beware it will pull from any storage buses this way too so if you have half a million cobble on a storage bus, it will pull from there too.
Yeah... About that, I have like 2 and a half DSUs full of cobblestone, and like 50+ cobble generator, so even if I break the DSUs with the cobble in it, it will all go into y ME system, and I'm creating more than half a million cobble per second... SOOOO, yeah. Any other suggestions?

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Yeah... About that, I have like 2 and a half DSUs full of cobblestone, and like 50+ cobble generator, so even if I break the DSUs with the cobble in it, it will all go into y ME system, and I'm creating more than half a million cobble per second... SOOOO, yeah. Any other suggestions?

1. Create a 64k cell
  2. put it in a drive
  3. pull out a full 16k and put it in the IO port set to pull items out of the cell and put it in the network.
  4. once the 16k is empty take it out and shift click it to separate the memory module and casing
  5. use the module and casing to build another 64k and repeat from 2

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
How can I do that?
Hold it in your hand and shift right click, the component should pop out of the housing. Use the component in the recipe for a bigger component, then combine the bigger component with the housing again. Just remember, you aren't getting any more slots for items, just increasing the # of items each slot can hold, so only combine 1 full 1 with a couple empty 1s. Also, it has been awhile since I tried this, you may want to test it with something you can afford to loose.

doxiMAN_MAN

Jul 4, 2016
Hold it in your hand and shift right click, the component should pop out of the housing. Use the component in the recipe for a bigger component, then combine the bigger component with the housing again. Just remember, you aren't getting any more slots for items, just increasing the # of items each slot can hold, so only combine 1 full 1 with a couple empty 1s. Also, it has been awhile since I tried this, you may want to test it with something you can afford to loose.
That actually worked, I did the IO port thing, and then I just did what you said, and it just gave me the parts back, so I made more 64k drives (altho it doesn't matter since I have a quarry running on a certus quartz block dimension, and one on a Redstone block one.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Usually the answer to optimizing AE storage is not just making larger drives , but using the Cell Workbench to determine what items are held in each drive. The usual suspect for AE system clogs is number of item types per drive rather than sheer volume. Partitioning your drives will ensure your items are stored efficiently, which helps solve that dilemma.

Of course, if you are suffering from a volume issue (why the hell would you ever need that much cobble?), Storage Busses on DSUs can remedy that. Of course you can use massive drives to handle this, but if you don't partition them they will just fill with random junk, wasting their potential.

doxiMAN_MAN

Jul 4, 2016
Usually the answer to optimizing AE storage is not just making larger drives , but using the Cell Workbench to determine what items are held in each drive. The usual suspect for AE system clogs is number of item types per drive rather than sheer volume. Partitioning your drives will ensure your items are stored efficiently, which helps solve that dilemma.

Of course, if you are suffering from a volume issue (why the hell would you ever need that much cobble?), Storage Busses on DSUs can remedy that. Of course you can use massive drives to handle this, but if you don't partition them they will just fill with random junk, wasting their potential.
I know, believe me a guy that knows how to make material dimension, will know that simple stuff, but I just thought that sinceI have this much resources it would be lame to have only 16ks. And I NEED as much cobble I can get, cuz life.