looking for a set of seach terms(google)(lazy)

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
i want to set up a automated system at my house to answer the phone. like the business have. I don't know the search terms to use to look up anything related to that though. as i don't even know what any of it is called. it is that thing that answers the phone when you call them that gives you a list and asks you to press a number.

could i get some help with this? thanks.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
i am wanting to setup a inexpensive home solution that will do something like that. Caller IDs are horrible. I can't trust any incoming number to legitimately be show they say they are. Unless I know them personally and recognize their voice. Caller IDs are just to easily spoofed.

The only solution I can think of is something like the one above. to check if the call was made from a automated source. I've heard from somewhere, chat on twitch possibly, that the automated systems don't handle other automated systems well. Not certain. about anything is worth a shot at this point.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
can they fool the phone company though. I think i found the number that has been spoofing my caller ID. not certain. I looked on my providers site. they crossed checked those numbers with numbers i have.

Change that. i looked. they are all valid numbers. i can't find the suspicious call i answered on their report. All the listed numbers that came in were legit ones.
seen there is a exclusive feature on their site. not for sue of using that. as it is capped really low and only those numbers would be able to get through.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
no worries. i just went with nomorobo instead. Not the method i would prefer. Not much for trusting a company to use my number. still, its free and was easy for me to find and setup.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I feel your pain on this. I tend to report robo calls to the donotcall.gov website. I try to get as much detail as I can and fill out the report there.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I feel your pain on this. I tend to report robo calls to the donotcall.gov website. I try to get as much detail as I can and fill out the report there.
i can't really report them. they spoof the caller id(i get my own phone number repeatedly, this last one was using the id of the last place to call. which was a legitimate number i have to answer.) and aren't showing up in the phone records. unless the records don't record short calls. if it gets through nomorobo i might give seeing the number another shot. i've repeatedly added my self to the donotcall.gov list. pretty certain the robot dialers don't really pay attention to that. except for a possible source of numbers. would be nice to be able to report them though.