[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
You can self-compensate to an extent with Pneaumaticraft. Heat is necessary to process oil, achieved by means of vacuum compressors. Those get hot on one end, and cold on the other. Put the cold end facing the transformers, and that should counteract the heat some, maintaining efficiency.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, sounds interesting. Might be worth comparing pneumaticraft generators compared to the GT generators and see if there is an efficiency gain to get somewhere. Also ive been thinking about IC2 windpower but dont remember if they are disabled in this modpack or not. Could be really interesting to make an early game wind-powered biogas production line.
Won't work as Kinetic Wind Generator requires Tungstensteel. Though they are efficient when in HV-EV era IMO.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
You can self-compensate to an extent with Pneaumaticraft. Heat is necessary to process oil, achieved by means of vacuum compressors. Those get hot on one end, and cold on the other. Put the cold end facing the transformers, and that should counteract the heat some, maintaining efficiency.
In theory, this sound like a solution. Last time i tested using IC2 Pneumatic generator, it turned the vacuum into two hot end :p

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Phew... trying to understand the ore-processing lines in gregtech sure is difficult. Like none seems really wrong to be used, just every line you can follow just gives you other chances for certain byproducts. Guess I will waste alot of ores "the bad way" until I really understand it. *smirks*

One little question for early-game ore-processing:
I read alot about "throw impure dust into a cauldron with water to clean it".
- Is there actually any reason why you should do that?
(it seems you can either smelt the impure and the purified dust each into 1 ingot, so wondering if there are some hidden extras you cannot find in NEI)

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Phew... trying to understand the ore-processing lines in gregtech sure is difficult. Like none seems really wrong to be used, just every line you can follow just gives you other chances for certain byproducts. Guess I will waste alot of ores "the bad way" until I really understand it. *smirks*

One little question for early-game ore-processing:
I read alot about "throw impure dust into a cauldron with water to clean it".
- Is there actually any reason why you should do that?
(it seems you can either smelt the impure and the purified dust each into 1 ingot, so wondering if there are some hidden extras you cannot find in NEI)
Impure Redstone for example will turn into normal redstone as it cannot be smelted. Otherwise, you'd be centrifuging it.
Edit: Other than that, it's mostly to save time in the beginning. When you become more experienced with GT, you'll find that it's sometime better to save up on time by wasting some ressources in order to speed up the overall progress.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Alright. Thank you :]

Guess I stay with just smelting the ore for now, until I actually get into the next era where I can start using machines (still very early tech-wise, focused on making a nice house and getting food).
Luckily I build my base right aboth a limonite-vein, so at least getting iron shouldn't be a problem for a while, hehe.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019

Ive always find that a passive setup is way more effective as you get a higher fuel conversion efficiency.

I think this one should still be possible to make
https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/posts/1637252/

It should be worth mentioning that the fuel value of pneumaticraft LPG fuel has been nerfed significantly as far as i know

Another option is to use it for light fuel production
You then replace the GT distillery and desulfurisation line with this system. However it will produce a large excess of LPG fuel which could be used to heat the refineries even further to increase the production speed. I should maybe do a proper comparison between them as you could also use the LPG as a fuel which increases the overal system efficiency. i think if you count both LPG fuel and the light fuel it might be very close to the GT line in terms of efficiency.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Don't cool the generator directly. Throw down an iron block and then surround that with heat sinks and use the Vacuum on one or more of those.
Would this also work for indirect heating?

For instance surround the distillation tower with iron blocks that you then surround by burning netherrack. It could potentially really improve the passive setup

Anyone know any guide on the pneumaticraft heat system? I feel that i dont have a full grasp of how the mechanics work. For instance does some blocks transfer heat worse than others, for instance what decide the temperature of blocks surounding blocks. What decides the heat transfer rate. Heat capacity of blocks etc etc.

Edit, looking around it seems they have likely nerfed burning netherrack. Now the refinery should put out the fire on burning netherrack.

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Maybe? I never thought of it, but I'm not sure if it'll get hot enough. Last time I used P-Craft I had something like four Vacuum Tubes running at max pressure to heat the tower enough to process oil.

If I do it, it'd be to get plastic for P-Craft logistics drones, but I've not reached a point where I've looked to see if that's what I need to do it.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack update v3.2.16
Quests:
- Quests that required crafting of any GT Casings are now Detection, due to possible use of Assembling Machine.
- Fixed information for Astrominer quest about Astrominer not able to mine Gregtech ores (it CAN mine them)
- Moved Oxygen Storage quest down the line, due to recipe change
- Assembly Line quest asks for correct number of blocks for the next quest

Mod Updates:
- GregTech -> 5.09.26

Changes/Fixes:
- Fixed Scanning Components consuming more than 1 data stick
- Dissassemblers above IV are now faster in dissasembling
- Exploding GT machines now drop randomly some of their crafting components
- eIO Rocket Fuel now compatible with GT + has its own GT based recipe (old recipe in VAT removed)
- EnderIO Alloys now made in Blast Furnace (removed old recipes, implemented default GT ones)
- Dough can be made also by throwing flour into cauldron with water
- Fixed reinforced stone dropping as TNT
- Wrench shift click can move machine front direction
- New naquadah fuel rods (stats same as MOX with 10x runtime)
- New automatic maintenance hatch
- New recipes for Lapotron Crystals, Mining Pipes, Mining Laser and Quantum Armor
- Gravisuite armor now made in Assembly Line
- Pollution fixes and rebalances (https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Un...ava/gregtech/common/GT_Pollution.java#L21-L51)
- Few new pollution effects
- Adv Miner and Oil Drill now turns off after nothing can be mined/drilled
- New modular armor now obtainable (still WIP, testing needed, balancing proposals are welcome)
- Changed Native Cinnabar Cluster processing (requires MV Centrifuge, to get 3.5 Quicksilver)
- Mercury can be solidified to Quicksilver again (and vice versa)
- Re-added alumentum from charcoal recipe
- Removed requirement for disabled tunsten cluster research for kami
- Enabled missing rounds for SAG Mill (Neutronium, Titanium and NaqAlloy)
- Fixed Thaumonomicon localizations
- Changed Oxygen Storage recipe

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcNemesis
R

RomaEcho

Modpack update v3.2.16 coming soon

- Adv Miner and Oil Drill now turns off after nothing can be mined/drilled
[/SPOILER]

For this separate thanks because then had to put the mining pipes depending on the installation altitude.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Re: Pollution
I wonder why "Machine Explosion" is a fixed value (100,000 pollution) instead of something more realistic like squaring the pollution value of the machine that explodes? With a fixed value, a one-block item such as a small coal boiler will give the same pollution as a 36-block item such as a Large Boiler exploding. If he used the square of the pollution, a Small Coal Boiler would pollute 20^2 or 4,000, while a Large Boiler would pollute 240^2 or 57,600. Granted, it would require some tweaking I guess, because if an Implosion Compressor exploded, it would generate 2000^2 or 4 million pollution, instantly making those chunks uninhabitable.

Ah well. I'll just leave the thinking up to BloodAsp I guess. LOL You guys are doing a terrific job with the best modpack in the whole modded world (IMO obv). Thumbs up!

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Uh... there is pollution? *stares*

Good to know, didn't till just now, hehe.
Are there ways to counter pollution, too, or will you end up with a poisonous, half dead land around your factories? ^^"

Timelife

Jul 29, 2019
Probably a stupid, nagging question, but I will ask it anyway as I am curious: Why were some of the more popular Thaumcraft addons for 1.7.10 excluded from this pack? I am talking Thaumic Horizons, Tainted Magic and Forbidden Magic. I would hazard a guess it would be an effort and a half to "Gregtechify" them, or something in them is over powered (nothing that slapping an iridium, osmium or some other really damn rare material cost couldn't fix). But still, I am curious.

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Uh... there is pollution? *stares*

Good to know, didn't till just now, hehe.
Are there ways to counter pollution, too, or will you end up with a poisonous, half dead land around your factories? ^^"

It goes away by itself. Unless you have a large factory that is using a ton of small machines you probably won't notice alot of pollution issues. As you get higher up you can also use muffler hatches on multiblocks to reduce pollution. For example the Pyrolyse oven produces 400 pollution/sec if you are cheap and use a LV muffler hatch which does nothing but allows the multiblock to function. Throw in a HV muffler hatch and you are under 200 pollution/sec.

O

Odesseiron

The Vindictive & Vengeful Bee can only be bred in the Mutatron and not within a regular apiary.
At least the Mutatron recipe is the only one that shows up in NEI.
Is this intended?

Last edited:
U

UNG_God

New recipes for Lapotron Crystals, Mining Pipes, Mining Laser and Quantum Armor

that is a surprise and unfortunately to the worst, if i was finding it expensive before, now is just hearth breaking. so to make that lapotron crystal we need three types of gem (ruby, lapiz/lazurite/sodalite and emerald/olivine) , that to just cut it into pieces to make a single energy flow circuit ... so much fun. the mining pipes is better now, the laser it could at least bumped the energy it stores a little for its price, and the quantum is now made in the assembly line, but that is kind of okay.

Re-added alumentum from charcoal recipe

wait what!? it was bugged ? my setup was running okay on the last version.

more grind i suppose. I really envy people that are okay with this.

update: woah pollution goes up really fast now, before my setup barelly moved to 15k now it is almost hitting 200k on the same setup as before.

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a prospecting block or something that I can set down in the center of a 3x3 chunk and it'll tell me what ore is in the chunk? I was going to build a mining well, and use an engine to make the prospect of shaft building slightly better then I discovered it needed stainless steel, so no way can I do that (by the time I can easily make stainless steel... I've no idea why I'd even want to build one of those anyway...)

I have literally dug 50+ shafts in center chunks now without 1 single redstone vein. I even decided to just go to Y25, and dig straight for 1000 blocks, just to add some variety... No luck. Hours, and hours of tedious, tedious, tedious work just so I can make red alloy cable... Seriously considering using cofh commands here unless there's a non-cheaty option I'm missing.

I find tunneling in the nether in one direction under the lava often gets me redstone (and sulfur) and it's much quicker than the overworld.