[Game Thread]ElectionWolf!

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
I stated clearly why I voted that way vike. Sheer consistency. No actual zeal behind it. Stands to reason most d1 votes are based on nothing more than gut reaction. I fail to see how my vote makes me any more suspect than anyone else

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Vote Shazam for starting the Civ 6 distraction on us.

Grasping at straws, yes, but at least it's *something*.
Grumble grumble. For the record, Pyure started the discussion- He just jumped off my joke to get there.

@Shazam08, shall we have our regular discussion on "what roles are in the game"? Since four Republicans is clearly too much for a game with only ten players. :)
If there were no neutrals, I'd say 8 villagers and 2 wolves (Pyure's role and another power role) for an 8:2:0. If Tief included any neutrals, though, they'd be taken out of the village count for something like 7:2:1 or even 6:2:2 (since there's no way he'd only make one wolf). I don't think three wolves is likely, unless Fowl completed ditched the neutral roles- even then, the game would be stacked against town.

Vote erindalc, since he's the only one without votes yet.

Reactions: Fraction2

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
Polls are closed. Tallying results!

Very few people seem to be interested in the second debate as thier minds were already made up after the first. The way the canidates droned on made several supporters bored that day. It seemed Scottly was affected the most by this and was unable to generate enough money to keep his campaign going. He eventually was forced to make a decision and decided to drop out(lynched) of the race! He was a Journalist!

the Democrafts were certain the republicans would try to make fun of the recent drop out. However, it was met with total silence, Maybe they took a day off?

Current tally:
Scottly had 3
Shazam has 2
Leth has 1
Erin has 2
Robi has 1
Vike has 1
Someone else has 1

3rd Debate day open. Sponsored by environmentally friendly groups!

Last edited:

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
If there were no neutrals, I'd say 8 villagers and 2 wolves (Pyure's role and another power role) for an 8:2:0. If Tief included any neutrals, though, they'd be taken out of the village count for something like 7:2:1 or even 6:2:2 (since there's no way he'd only make one wolf). I don't think three wolves is likely, unless Fowl completed ditched the neutral roles- even then, the game would be stacked against town.

So right now, the roles we have left would probably be as follows:
  • (at most?) 1 Pastor
    • Likely 1 (even more likely since no-one died last night)
  • 1 Madman or Dirty Priest (pretty much certainly)
  • at most 1 SJW
    • Likely none
  • 3, 4 or 5 Politicians
    • Likely 4
Right?

Since the republicans didn't manage to kill someone last night, I'd be curious to know who the Pastor protected last night.

Vote Someone Else for now, because he's the most active of the two people who voted for Scottly yesterday. Vike is on my radar as well, however. It'd not be unlike Pyure to pull off a double, triple or more-tuple bluff.

Reactions: Shazam08

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
DooooOOOOOooo the dirty bird! I think my lynch was coincidence rather than planning. That and terrible math. All this should be done in dosage calculations. :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So right now, the roles we have left would probably be as follows:
  • (at most?) 1 Pastor
    • Likely 1 (even more likely since no-one died last night)
oooOOOOOOOOOOoooooo

A colleague has asked me to indicate that he would also like the pastor to speak up and chat. He says he only has your best interests at heart, and wishes it to be a congenial, open dialogue on shared, common-ground matters concerning ethics and such.

In no way should you be concerned that this is any sort of setup or trap.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
No wolfkill, huh? Either the remaining wolves (or wolf, more likely) are truly inactive, or the wolf just wants us to think that so we'll pick off the least active towns, or the Pastor (who probably exists) did a win.

... I was about to ask the Pastor, if he exists and did indeed block the wolfkill last night, to speak up, but then I got distracted and then ninja'd by a proven wolf asking the same thing, so now less sure that's actually a good idea. But at least contact whoever you protected last night; that's probably safe.

Reactions: Pyure

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
On a hunch, I'm leaning towards an inactive wolf. No one has said anything wolfy yet.

I'm leaning towards Leth atm, but that's just my gut.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
" but then I got distracted and then ninja'd by a proven wolf asking the same thing, so now less sure that's actually a good idea."

#quoooOOOOOooootable2016

edited for ghostly ambience. What are you gonna do, smite me?

Reactions: Fraction2

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You might as well stooooOOOOOOoop pretending SE37. We can't win. Just murder Vikestep tonight and get the game over with.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
/me tries to decode that
Might indicate that Vike is the last wolf, or that that's just what Pyure wants me to think and Vike is actually clean, or that that's what Pyure wants me to think and Vike really is the last wolf, etc. etc, so argh, wifom.

Do not trust anything that this man says. He is a proven wolf, and his intentions, whatever they may be, are unlikely to be healthy for town.

" but then I got distracted and then ninja'd by a proven wolf asking the same thing, so now less sure that's actually a good idea."

#quoooOOOOOooootable2016

edited for ghostly ambience. What are you gonna do, smite me?
I could have worded that better, I admit. But what I said is true, even if I cannot verify it.

Also, why am I talking to the ghost of a wolf? This is not productive.

~~~~

Shazam: Some analysis as to what roles might be in the game. Not a super strong towntell (and is the sort of thing I've been known to do as a wolf), but better than nothing.

Leth: The post on page 1, where he argued against Pyure's vote on him, could've been townish.

Erin: Not seeing much anything of note. Although...
Vote Erin He knows why.
Also, I'm tired of my tradition of voting for myself.
Vote Robin

He knows why.

Edit: Grammar
... why?

Robijn: The only half-decent analysis-ish post in the game so far, aside from Shazam's, which Robijn's post effected in the first place. Probably town, although I don't have a lot to go on, so I'm not very sure.

Vike: Unusually quiet, I must agree.

Someone Else 37: Definitely not a wolf, despite likely looking wolfiest of the whole bunch.

So... vote Vikestep, since of the players listed, he's the only one with what could be considered a wolftell (and is not a player who I know is town for a fact)? I'm certainly open to discussion (we need more discussion anyway), so if anyone's got a better idea, do tell.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Whups, too much custom Minecraft tonight.

I'm leaning on voting for Vike because he's the only one that has a hint of orange fur on him.

Reactions: Pyure