Information on New Gregtech Update? [Mindcrack v8.2.0]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CrafterOfMines57

Jul 29, 2019
Why to do automatic stuff if we already got TE? Reinventing the wheel much?
In a future update they will accept IC2 upgrades, they are mainly intended for use in Applied Energistics's automatic crafting system, and when they do become compatible with IC2 upgrades, they will be more useful for quick auto-crafting than TE's machines.

Vixation

Jul 29, 2019
trading features to do that isn't a wise method. besides that you are assuming that the display causes the lag. it isn't. Besides that, even if it DID, people are going to naturally put up a display the hard and ugly way anyway so the whole rational is silly not to just include it in a single block/ Digital Chests are inferior to Barrels because of this, as with the correct methods, barrels can also intake from any 'side'.

i don't really know what you mean with the first sentence, so i'll just start with the second. it is stated before that about 60 barrels take 5-8% of the rendering time. also i notice that when i walk into a room with alot of barrels(on the server i joined) i inmediatly get a drop in FPS, to the point i decided absolutly no barrels in my base. now to the point about knowing what is in the chests, you could use signs. i havn't heard anyone say bad stuff about those, so i f you have a fragile computer, this could be a life-saver.it also has some additional features, but you'll have to look for those yourself if you want to know. also, like with a lot of the stuff in minecraft, if you don't like it, don't use it. you are absolutly free to use the barrels, if you choose that.

i know i won't(don't get me wrong, the're nice, just no :), also, i'm not using the chests either, just gold/diamond for me :) i just like Gregtech, wanted to point it out).

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Signs aren't a good way of finding out where stuff is. Your best bet is too memorize everything, use barrels or put the frames up.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
In building my power room in Ultimate, I had to experiment a bit with the automatic canning machine to figure out what side went to which slot for use with redpower. For the two input slots, one of them is the top side, the other is the right or left side. The back side (the one with the square box graphic) is the output side that you use with a transposer/filter/sorter, etc. I connected power to the bottom side. The front has an animated graphic that shows when the machine is in use, so I assume that is why you can't connect power to the front.

I still haven't figured out what the buttons do inside the gui. Anyone know?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I still haven't figured out what the buttons do inside the gui. Anyone know?

The lightning bolt controls if you pass power to the output side or not. The redstone torch button controls if redstone signals pause the machine or enable it, and the rectangle/2 rectangle turns on and off sidedness. Most of the time you want it off, but in some cases it can be helpful for the machines to have sidedness.