How to use commands on my own server?

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
M

MnMWizard

Title How to use commands on my own server?

Launcher Type Curse App

Modpack ftb infinity evolved

Modpack version 2.4.2

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file NA

Details of the issue I run a server and I can't seem to be able to use commands from my game session, only from the server console. Me and my 2 friends play on this server so I would like for us to be able to use commands for things such as /stop and others. I have opped all three of us and neither of use can use commands, is there something I can modify in the files to allow commands? Thanks

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Use the server console to op yourself. The command would be:

/op playername

Once you do that then you can execute the server commands inside the game.

M

MnMWizard

Use the server console to op yourself. The command would be:

/op playername

Once you do that then you can execute the server commands inside the game.
I've done that multiple times and it still just says "you don't have permission to use this command". I typed /op MnMWizard in the console and I believe it said "MnMWizard opped", so I don't know why it's not working.

M

MnMWizard

Alright I fixed it by changing op permission level to 4 instead of 1, I thought the levels went the other way and 1 was the best. Thanks for helping though.