Open World loading then crashing

TheNamelessPoet

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem World loading then crashing

Pack Version 2.5.4

What is the bug? The world loads, then crashes withing about 5-7 seconds.

I DID at one point with an Unbreakable Hammer, try and veinmine stone in the deep dark. It would only do 1 block then started acting odd. After a couple restarts and a fresh install I put the save file back in and it worked fine again. Then made the same mistake again. I have an unbreakable pick and have NOT had this problem tho.

I have tried loading a new world and the problem does not exist.

Mod & Version

Link to log file http://pastebin.com/FrTxFddN

Is it repeatable? Happens every time I load this save.

Known Fix

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Veinminer is trying to mine a magical crops block. That block is trying to render something based on the number 7 which is too high. I guess the number is supposed to be the side of the block that is supposed to be mined from (0 up to 5 expected) and I wouldn't be surprised if veinminer determined that this must be 7 as it's not really mining from any side at all.
If it's really just a block break animation, you may be able to make your world playable again by restarting your world around ten times. Going forward in time one tick per restart.

Some of this may be ore speculation. :)

TheNamelessPoet

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm... I have gone about 15-20 restarts and nada. What if I removed magical crops? I know when I tried removing veinminer it wouldn't even start. I would rather not lose all my magical crops stuff but I know what I have so I could just spawn it back in.

TheNamelessPoet

Jul 29, 2019
OK... interesting note.

I got into the world by quickly using the charm of dislocation and transporting to the deep dark. I flew around a little, BUT then I went back to the overworld... BOOM freeze. I am going to try getting back into the DD and then deleting my hammer :(

Also, how did you see what the error was? Where is it?

:edit
Deleting the hammer didn't help. it still freezes in the overworld
:edit 2 AND now its REALLY broken (Glad I backed it up) I got the level.dat is being used error

Last edited:

TheNamelessPoet

Jul 29, 2019
I removed magical crops to see what would happen. I got this error the 1st time I opened the world

Attachments

• 2016-08-20_21.20.00.png
    2016-08-20_21.20.00.png
    215.4 KB · Views: 86

TheNamelessPoet

Jul 29, 2019
So I then got these weird green rings on my MFR and possibly my Ender IO machines (couldnt tell) and when I write clicked I got THIS crash

http://pastebin.com/iwNBTZBX

:edit
it is only on the MFR machines and it says "Ring Holding Station" in waila for all of them

Last edited:

TheNamelessPoet

Jul 29, 2019
ok so... now all my stuff seems to have been changed. My Enderchests are toasters (No really I am not kidding lol)

Also if you right click on any of it, it crashes.

TheNamelessPoet

Jul 29, 2019
Humor me... Post a screenshot of the ender chest/toaster.
lol

Tesseracts are now apparently creative machinist workbenches too lol

:edit and I THINK Minicio essence becomes Blizz Rods

Attachments

• 2016-08-20_22.23.22.png
    2016-08-20_22.23.22.png
    308.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 2016-08-20_22.27.24.png
    2016-08-20_22.27.24.png
    430.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

TheNamelessPoet

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting to note tho... The Creative Machinist workbenches power my ME system and machines well lol

Last edited:

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
This sounds like your level.dat got seriously corrupted and forge re-mapped your block and item ids...

Revert to the backup of your save before proceeding please.

Also, if Minecraft threw any other crashes, please share then.

EDIT: Actually your client seems to try to render something else than there is...
Did you say you were playing single player?
In that case, the client and server within your Minecraft Client are in disagreement.

I think this is an interesting case.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
If you started getting the crash after veinmining with a hammer then just revert back to a previous backup. There is an issue with any tools that mine more than one block i.e Tinkers hammer and Staff of Power.

I tried it out with both the hammer and the staff and it crashed my server. After doing it with the hammer I could get into my world but not after using the staff. So I just reverted to a backup.

TheNamelessPoet

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds like your level.dat got seriously corrupted and forge re-mapped your block and item ids...

Revert to the backup of your save before proceeding please.

Also, if Minecraft threw any other crashes, please share then.

EDIT: Actually your client seems to try to render something else than there is...
Did you say you were playing single player?
In that case, the client and server within your Minecraft Client are in disagreement.

I think this is an interesting case.

Oh YEA interesting case lmao.
The remaping is from removing magical crops I think.

If you started getting the crash after veinmining with a hammer then just revert back to a previous backup. There is an issue with any tools that mine more than one block i.e Tinkers hammer and Staff of Power.

I tried it out with both the hammer and the staff and it crashed my server. After doing it with the hammer I could get into my world but not after using the staff. So I just reverted to a backup.
Rats my backup is about 20ish hours worth of work gone, but oh well... glad I started making backups after my last 2 worlds crashed and burned, 1 with level.dat, and I dont even remember the one before it.

TheNamelessPoet

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I did a little more tinkering. The reason it changed the MFR stuff I THINK is because I had to remove the magical crops MFR mod. As for why it did the same to enderchests I have NO idea

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
OK, I did a little more tinkering. The reason it changed the MFR stuff I THINK is because I had to remove the magical crops MFR mod. As for why it did the same to enderchests I have NO idea
Since the ID map is saved per world in the level.dat, fml should never remap the ids of mods unless you remove them and then re-add them.

I wasn't trying to piss you off by saying this issue streak is interesting. Just that I've never seen something quite like this happen before.

TheNamelessPoet

Jul 29, 2019
Since the ID map is saved per world in the level.dat, fml should never remap the ids of mods unless you remove them and then re-add them.

I wasn't trying to piss you off by saying this issue streak is interesting. Just that I've never seen something quite like this happen before.
Not pissed at all don't worry :) just my luck lmao