Can you automate a quartz grindstone?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Can you get something to click the crank automatically? I tried using a deployer, but it didn't work. I would like to be able to grind stuff without getting repetitive strain injury.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to be able to grind stuff without getting repetitive strain injury.

You should look into a pulverizer, or a macerator for automation of that area. The grindstone is designed to give you ore-doubling early in the game, but at a cost to your sanity/lack of automation. Just be happy that you don't have to keep clicking but can just click and hold. Good luck!

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to get some good stuff before I use any eu/mj. I spawned near 4(!) volcanoes, including 1 really tall one, so i'd like to get the stuff for a thermal generator, rather than just geothermal.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to get some good stuff before I use any eu/mj. I spawned near 4(!) volcanoes, including 1 really tall one, so i'd like to get the stuff for a thermal generator, rather than just geothermal.

Then you better get a nice heavy book to hold down that mouse.

Not from my testing, thankfully. Hopefully grindstones never become automatable.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Just hold down the button while pointed at its crank and it will keep going as long as your looking at it. As for automated ore grinding look into a macerator, pulverize, etc.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
It's expressly designed to not be automatable. It's supposed to be the early game ore duplicator.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I was just talking about this with my friend at school the other day, and I thought turtles should be able to do the job. I don't agree with everyone saying it shouldn't be automated, but you know what make the most sense?
Config Files~

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I was just talking about this with my friend at school the other day, and I thought turtles should be able to do the job. I don't agree with everyone saying it shouldn't be automated, but you know what make the most sense?
Config Files~

Sure unless the mod maker likes it that way. I could understand demanding configs if it was an add on mod. But when it is a native item to its own mod no configs should be needed outside what the makers orginal idea.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Sure unless the mod maker likes it that way. I could understand demanding configs if it was an add on mod. But when it is a native item to its own mod no configs should be needed outside what the makers orginal idea.
Well said. As in not telling me that I need to play FTB the right way.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Well said. As in not telling me that I need to play FTB the right way.

I don't tell anyone how to play. Just try to give my point of view in a way that makes sense.

Yeah I might be one of the GT supporters but I'm always telling people it is perfectly ok to change those configs or remove the Mod if they dislike what it does to other mods.

I totaly think people have a right to play how they want to play there game.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Config Files~

I don't see why "canAutomateGrindwheel" should be a config file level option, as it is specifically designed as an extremely low-tech macerator. The benefit of the grindwheel is that you get your ore->dust (ore doubling) as early as possible (even the pulverizer cannot be gottten as quickly, given no anti-luck with quartz), and the tradeoff for that being you have to manually run the thing. Perhaps a config value for the speed at which it grinds, although I think it is already a good deal faster than the macerator so that's just adding more to the unbalance of it. Otherwise, if miscperipherals adds a grindstone crank turtle, hopefully it is configurable to require fuel per crank, and a config to disable it as well.

Sit kid down. Give them a cooke... tell them they will get more if they just keep clicking on the box on the screen.

Don't forget you just need to click and hold. No reason to not just log into a second account (as you have access to one in this consideration) and put a book on the mouse for that computer and leave it running.

Or set up a virtual computer, log in there, and use a mouse autoclicker to lock-click for ∞ seconds, if you want to get fancy with a one-computer solution. Lots of fun ways to game the system if you really want to game it.