Request How to make players scream? (And cry)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
What if you made it so trees never dropped saplings, so players would have to cut down another tree every time they needed wood, forcing them to go farther from spawn and face more dangerous mobs?

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
What if you made it so trees never dropped saplings, so players would have to cut down another tree every time they needed wood, forcing them to go farther from spawn and face more dangerous mobs?
I'm already going to restrict what trees can be planted in what biomes. I would not completely remove the drop, but would go ahead and say reduce it to the same chance as a silkworm. Good idea.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
That being said, they can bread trees to drop more saplings.

Hm... I could just extend the drop rate of Silverwood saplings to all trees. That seems good and evil.

You could require special shears to get your low drop-rate saplings, if you want the screams to hit a higher register... :D

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Tinker is not in the pack.

You should add it. Just imagine the screams of rage when they finally build the smeltery only to get vanilla tools instead of the overpowered Ticon stuff :)

Also all machines frames could require casting- using wax replacement. Which means a bit of beekeeping before getting anything powered up and running.
(the furnace could be used to smelt combs into wax, then the wax crafted with sand to form the mold...)

Last edited:

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
So looking into it, it will require a special mod for the saplings, I will have to look into it.

And yes to the machine frames and molds, I like it.

As for the thinkers, I could, but I would need help with the balancing but it would let me add ITT.

All power is limited to rotarycraft/reactor craft/ic2. Does nuclear craft output any of those?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Not quite yet, but the next version will have steam output. At the moment it puts out RF, which Rotarycraft can use with it's Magnetostatic Engine. It also adds some very nasty Nuclear Monsters for you to throw at players.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Not quite yet, but the next version will have steam output. At the moment it puts out RF, which Rotarycraft can use with it's Magnetostatic Engine. It also adds some very nasty Nuclear Monsters for you to throw at players.
That sounds like fun. Do you know if he is still working on 1.7?

Limit power to nuclear craft with major instability and explosion radius.
Can "we" have that? (as in the royal we?) The explosions and stuff.

Mekanism can output EU(it can also output RF and MekJoules).
Aye, it does. But then you have mekanism. And as much as I like that mod, it goes a little bit against what I am going for.

You should add it. Just imagine the screams of rage when they finally build the smeltery only to get vanilla tools instead of the overpowered Ticon stuff :)

Also all machines frames could require casting- using wax replacement. Which means a bit of beekeeping before getting anything powered up and running.
(the furnace could be used to smelt combs into wax, then the wax crafted with sand to form the mold...)
Would you be willing to script tinkers out so it does that?