Can't withdraw or deposit items to AE network with wireless access point attached

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Title says it all.

All of a sudden I can't add or withdraw items to the network while my access point is attached. I can do it through the wireless tool, but not at the terminal. I remove the access point and I can do it fine. What could be the issue? Plenty of power, and channels aren't an issue.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
That is strange, it's the only part I can think of that might be causing issue, excepting the subnetwork or P2P networking, as each sub (or pure P2P) network has it's own security settings which are not transfered.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I would break the security station and place it back down. I've had a bug in the past where it seems to flip out. The person placing it doesn't need to program it for themselves. They are the owner and have all rights.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
I have broken and replaced the station the terminal and the wireless access and it still happens, lol.

I'm exploring other options like using logipipes for wireless access. But I prefer the terminal .

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
You sure you don't have channel issues? The LP remote order is good. But you can't use it to craft items in AE.

Considering channels are disabled, yeah I'm quite sure ;)

I can always tackle some logipipes crafting. It's more of a a burden then anything else.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Reread what I wrote. Channels are disabled. There are no subnetworks. This was previously working less than 2 days ago, then all of a sudden, boom, it wasn't. :(

While bugs are a distinct possibility, 99% of the time issues like this are, to put it bluntly, user error.

If the wireless terminal works, but "physical" access does not, it is because the wireless terminal is on the same network as the security station, and the physical terminal is not. Even with channels disabled AE still - to the best of my knowledge - has partitioned networks - sometimes called subnetworks - depending on how the interfaces are connected. As such, odds are, sometime in the last two days, you broke a link - or unpowered a segment, causing your network to partition into two subnetworks that are now incidentally linked via an interface giving the illusion of a single network.