Ender IO/Thermal Expansion/AE2

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
A

Autrii

Okay so I build this super neat system (will provide screenshots) Buttttt it doesn't want to work. It doesn't want to extract from the chest, nor does it want to input the ores into the machine. I am stumped on this so helppp. Provided screenshots of the pipes/machines.

Attachments

• f85fdff15e883b47f38875599d13b5ad.png
    f85fdff15e883b47f38875599d13b5ad.png
    238.2 KB · Views: 61
  • c634b4d25c1916f99b81e6af3f18db12.png
    c634b4d25c1916f99b81e6af3f18db12.png
    317.5 KB · Views: 61
  • b2111e948a36b205381fd4d1a9d2f21c.png
    b2111e948a36b205381fd4d1a9d2f21c.png
    385.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 2c5428a65be20c71bf571fab2a3fe8aa.png
    2c5428a65be20c71bf571fab2a3fe8aa.png
    190.1 KB · Views: 46
  • c990cbd91cbedcc0a2c32c1e3e694d72 (1).png
    c990cbd91cbedcc0a2c32c1e3e694d72 (1).png
    254.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 96ff8768125485f145fcf0c8644f1329.png
    96ff8768125485f145fcf0c8644f1329.png
    310 KB · Views: 56

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Open the enderchest conduit, and use the arrow to flip to the extract mode. Click the redstone torch. Probably also want to extract from the furnaces and insert into the pulverizers.

Also that last picture shows that there's only an energy conduit attached, not an item one.

A

Autrii

Open the enderchest conduit, and use the arrow to flip to the extract mode. Click the redstone torch. Probably also want to extract from the furnaces and insert into the pulverizers.

Also that last picture shows that there's only an energy conduit attached, not an item one.
Okay i'm going to try and explain what I want any maybe you could help me find a solution. I did what you told me to do it worked for the most part but didn't extract from the machines. What i'm looking for is something that will pull all ores from the chest smelt them pulverize them and put them in their corresponding ingot form (Had an issue with quarts getting smelted after Pulverizer don't want that) After their in ingot form I want them to extracted from the machines back into the ender chest and into my ME System. I also don't want it to extract anything unless it's in ingot form (Think that might be fixed with an ME Assembler on the other end not sure?)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Okay, you need two sides with EIO conduits on them to extract from Thermal Expansions machines. In this case, you'd want to set up as follows:

Code:
 F<P
V ^
C C

F=Furnace
P=Pulverizer
C=Conduit

And on the end for the quartz:

P>C
^
C

Though you'd probably be able to save yourself some hassle, if you used a Sagmill instead of Pulverizer for the quartz, because then it could insert/eject on the same side.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use a filter to keep quartz out of the furnaces. Use a blacklist filter on the furnaces and just whitelist quartz directly to an output between the pulverizer and furnace line. The filters that go in the Eneder IO conduits have tons of options. You should only need the basic ones.

A

Autrii

Okay, you need two sides with EIO conduits on them to extract from Thermal Expansions machines. In this case, you'd want to set up as follows:

Code:
 F<P
V ^
C C

F=Furnace
P=Pulverizer
C=Conduit

And on the end for the quartz:

P>C
^
C

Though you'd probably be able to save yourself some hassle, if you used a Sagmill instead of Pulverizer for the quartz, because then it could insert/eject on the same side.
Mind showing me a example with pictures? Tried it with same issue of items going where they shouldn't

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Okay, so here's how it works: First, you want to make yourself some filters. Basic ones should do, though the advanced filters might be necessary. (There might be an oredicting one, that's the best option.) On the chest, you want that filter set to only extract ores. On each pulverizer a filter, with that specific type of ore. Like so:

To send the items along between the pulverizers and furnaces, open the configuration tab. Hold shift and right click the front face icon on the tab. This will turn off all in/outputs. Configure them as follows:

Pulverizer

Furnace

All conduits set to extract should have a disabled redstone torch icon like this one:

Uncolored mode allows pipes to interact with any slot on the machine, so to get your quartz in and out in one block, set your quartz pulverizer to look like this:

The conduit connected to the quartz pulverizer must be set to Insert/Extract mode, with the modes being set as follows.(Cobblestone in the filter standing in for the quartz my pack does not have.)

Filtering all inputs will ensure that nothing ends up cooked when it should not. Since all ores go from pulverizers to furnaces directly, you will never end up with non-ingot outputs unless there is no ingot available of that item.

A

Autrii

Okay, so here's how it works: First, you want to make yourself some filters. Basic ones should do, though the advanced filters might be necessary. (There might be an oredicting one, that's the best option.) On the chest, you want that filter set to only extract ores. On each pulverizer a filter, with that specific type of ore. Like so:

To send the items along between the pulverizers and furnaces, open the configuration tab. Hold shift and right click the front face icon on the tab. This will turn off all in/outputs. Configure them as follows:

Pulverizer

Furnace

All conduits set to extract should have a disabled redstone torch icon like this one:

Uncolored mode allows pipes to interact with any slot on the machine, so to get your quartz in and out in one block, set your quartz pulverizer to look like this:

The conduit connected to the quartz pulverizer must be set to Insert/Extract mode, with the modes being set as follows.(Cobblestone in the filter standing in for the quartz my pack does not have.)

Filtering all inputs will ensure that nothing ends up cooked when it should not. Since all ores go from pulverizers to furnaces directly, you will never end up with non-ingot outputs unless there is no ingot available of that item.
Okay i'll give this a shot when I get home, but how would I get it back into the ender chest (if possible)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Set the ender chest connection to In/Out. Extract with a filter for ores and the torch set to pull without a redstone signal, and the insert set to dump everything in.

A

Autrii

Set the ender chest connection to In/Out. Extract with a filter for ores and the torch set to pull without a redstone signal, and the insert set to dump everything in.
Alrighty i'll give this a shot, and sorry about all the questions really new to Ender IO and AE2

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Not a problem. Like all mods, they take some getting used to. As for AE2, don't forget that Capacity cards give you more filtering options on your extraction so you can pull just the ingots and dusts.

A

Autrii

So I did a bit of a different setup then what you showed to amke it easier on me, but it just inserts through the top and extracts through the bottom works just fine :D

A

Autrii

Used a bit of a combo of yours then my own plans, but now the question is do I just place an enderchest near my ME system with import bus filtering ingots into the system?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yeah, just as long as their chained together with one feeding into the other, it's no problem.

Yes, that's exactly how you do it.