Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Is there a simple way to set mining turtles to exclude valuable ores? I've got a TiCo pick with Luck (IIRC), and I'd just as soon use that for any diamonds, draconium, rubies, etc., instead of letting the turtle get the default drops.

Does this require Silk Touch to get ore blocks, and use a mining program to exclude specific items?

I've used this quarry program from AustinKK. It has the ability to ignore/not mine blocks based on what it starts with in its inventory. I you could use this to mine everything except the blocks you want to silk touch. Normal setup is to ignore stone, dirt & gravel.
http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/7675-advanced-mining-turtle-ore-quarry/

Reactions: rhn

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
This is a question about the infinity evolved modpack on expert mode.

Is there a way to boost bee mutation chance? I've tried alveary electrical stimulators, frame housings, mutator. None of them seem to affect the mutation chance. Has this been changed so nothing changes mutation chance? Will soul frames in an apiary work either?
I didn't think you had access to mutator and soul frames and such, is Extra Bees actually in the pack? (It isn't according to http://ftbwiki.org/Feed_The_Beast_Infinity_Evolved, http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Infinity_1.7)

If you can't use those toys, some options that directly increase the mutation chance are:
1) Magic Bees metabolic frame (not as good as soul frames iirc)
2) Gendustry Mutatron (100% chance of getting a valid mutation, but random chance to get a valid mutation you don't want in the event of more than one)
3) Gendustry Advanced Mutatron (100% chance of getting the mutation you want)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've never really used Extra Bees before, but my understanding is that an Alveary with a well-fueled Mutator or two should be able to basically match the Mutatron for all but the most horrifyingly low mutation chances, especially with soulframes.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Using Magical Crops 4.0.0. Is there a way to harvest YxY areas using the Zivicio Hoe? There is the Seed Bags, that allow you to plant, so I was wondering if there is a harvesting equivalent.

ingeraskurai

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't think you had access to mutator and soul frames and such, is Extra Bees actually in the pack? (It isn't according to http://ftbwiki.org/Feed_The_Beast_Infinity_Evolved, http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Infinity_1.7)

If you can't use those toys, some options that directly increase the mutation chance are:
1) Magic Bees metabolic frame (not as good as soul frames iirc)
2) Gendustry Mutatron (100% chance of getting a valid mutation, but random chance to get a valid mutation you don't want in the event of more than one)
3) Gendustry Advanced Mutatron (100% chance of getting the mutation you want)

Extra Bees is in the modpack. That list may be out of date as I'm currently running version 2.5.0

I'll try metabolic frames. They have 1.8x mutation chance instead of soul frame's 1.5. I haven't noticed much difference when using soul frames so these might have been nerfed so metabolic frames would be much more useful as they are harder to make. I hope metabolic frames are still useful as thaumcraft research is required to unlock them.

I'm playing on expert mode so to get the Mutatron i have to breed an infinity bee first which requires quite a few steps. It is my current goal and prompted me to search out a means of increasing mutation to speed up the process.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone ever used Iguana Tinker Tweaks BlockOverrides.cfg?

I tried to add the harvest level so that it match the BloodNBones harvest level and it didn't work out.
Here is what I add

" info" {
}

blocks_pickaxe
{
I:"minecraft:netherrack:0"=5
I:"minecraft:nether_brick:0"=5
I:"minecraft:nether_brick_fence:0"=5
I:"minecraft:nether_brick_stairs:0"=5
I:"BiomesOPlenty:eek:vergrownNetherrack:0"=5
I:"NetherOres:tile.netherores.ore.0:-1"=5
I:"NetherOres:tile.netherores.ore.1:0"=5
I:"NetherOres:tile.netherores.ore.1:1"=5
I:"NetherOres:tile.netherores.ore.1:2"=5
I:"NetherOres:tile.netherores.ore.1:3"=5
I:"NetherOres:tile.netherores.ore.1:4"=5
I:"NetherOres:tile.netherores.ore.1:5"=5
I:"magicalcrops:MinicioOreNether:0"=6
I:"minecraft:end_portal_frame:0"=7
I:"minecraft:end_stone:0"=7
I:"HardcoreEnderExpansion:end_powder_ore:0"=7
I:"HardcoreEnderExpansion:igneous_rock_ore:0"=7
I:"HardcoreEnderExpansion:instability_orb_ore:0"=7
I:"HardcoreEnderExpansion:end_stone_terrain:-1"=7
I:"Metallurgy:eximite.molten:0"=7
I:"Metallurgy:meutoite.molten:0"=7
}

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
Playing Infinity Evolved, and built a massive staircase all the way up (y=208) to a village in an extreme hills biome. Was puttering about, building walkways and walls, killing random mobs and setting torches, and was ambushed by... mob that looked like a player. Shot me with rapid-fire <something> that had major knockback, pushed me right across the village and off a cliff.

What kind of mob is that, and how to deal with them in the future?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Sounds like headcrumbs mod to me. I removed it quickly after getting wrecked on day 2 in multiple single player worlds

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger

Reactions: RedBoss

DarkestStryke

Jul 29, 2019
Probably a really silly question, but Sky Factory 2.5, how do you acquire the ae2 presses. NEI seems to hint that its through loot bags, but after opening in excess of 100 of each type, not even 1 press of any kind from any of them. Oversight, or am I just missing something?

Last edited:

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to store items in a chest if that type already exists there? Using Ender IO, as I'm trying to set up a convenient network using the Inventory Panel.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
/facepalm

Anywho...

Is it impossible to properly configure a conduit connection without right clicking the connector? I'm inside a Compact machine, and I can't click/see the connector without going down an unbreakable floor...
hmm u probably need the yeta wrench to do it,try to get that conduit to have a 2nd connection

my reasoning for this is if the an item conduit has 2 chests/inventories touching and u right click the body of the conduit it open a bit that asks which connection do u wish to configure . the same theory should apply to all conduit types respectively (at the very least the base types )

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
hmm u probably need the yeta wrench to do it,try to get that conduit to have a 2nd connection

my reasoning for this is if the an item conduit has 2 chests/inventories touching and u right click the body of the conduit it open a bit that asks which connection do u wish to configure . the same theory should apply to all conduit types respectively (at the very least the base types )
Just want to confirm that this did the trick. I tried with the Buildcraft wrench, but it does not offer this much control. Only the Yeta Wrench can perform this.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Just want to confirm that this did the trick. I tried with the Buildcraft wrench, but it does not offer this much control. Only the Yeta Wrench can perform this.

Yep, which is why I generally make those 3 Electrical Steels as quickly as possible. Yeta wrench is def my go-to tool. EnderIO mod is one of the premiere mods in all of modded Minecraft.

And it's probably just me, but I can't help but call it the Yeti wrench with visions of that Abominable Snowman from the old Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer cartoon. I'm weird like that. LOL

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
And it's probably just me, but I can't help but call it the Yeti wrench with visions of that Abominable Snowman from the old Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer cartoon. I'm weird like that. LOL

I get the Monsters Inc. Abominable Snowman (damn I love John Ratzenberger).

But yeah, Yeti Wrench is worth the price every time.