Harvest Moon/Stardew valley in MC

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
Watch this place for more.

The idea is to implement the gameplay and mechanics of the respective mods to Minecraft.
I do have ideas for how some mechanics will work such as mining and fishing. I will need to make a mod for other things like garden/farming. If you have mod suggestions feel free to post here

S

Stickmat3

Well, I may be a new member, but I think i know some. First of all, if the NPC's would trade freely instead of having to be set in an offer. A coin system should be added along with this trading system. The NPCs themselves would have an inventory for each of an occupation when trading, (Farmer,Botanist,Guard,Chef,Butcher,Blacksmith and Chef). Crows would sometimes walk on your crops and destroy them, along with your seeds. There's the scarecrow to counter that. Seeds should be more rare, even in crop collection. A clock and a calendar should be really helpful, as you need to catch up with seasons, (You wouldn't want to be mining through 2 seasons would you?) crops could sometimes have weed, and need care, use the hoe to weed temporarily. Shears would be needed in getting some fruits, like oranges and apples. Villages would have a distance of around 50-75 chunks (or more if needed).Bone meal would not instantly grow, but instead needs to be crafted into a fertilizer which only speeds up growth, if used too much, it would pretty much kill the crop,On multiplayer, you could send a trade request somehow to someone else.

Hope this would help!:D

Last edited:

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I may be a new member, but I think i know some. First of all, if the NPC's would trade freely instead of having to be set in an offer. A coin system should be added along with this trading system. The NPCs themselves would have an inventory for each of an occupation when trading, (Farmer,Botanist,Guard,Chef,Butcher,Blacksmith and Chef). Crows would sometimes walk on your crops and destroy them, along with your seeds. There's the scarecrow to counter that. Seeds should be more rare, even in crop collection. A clock and a calendar should be really helpful, as you need to catch up with seasons, (You wouldn't want to be mining through 2 seasons would you?) crops could sometimes have weed, and need care, use the hoe to weed temporarily. Shears would be needed in getting some fruits, like oranges and apples. Villages would have a distance of around 50-75 chunks (or more if needed).Bone meal would not instantly grow, but instead needs to be crafted into a fertilizer which only speeds up growth, if used too much, it would pretty much kill the crop,On multiplayer, you could send a trade request somehow to someone else.

Hope this would help!:D
Yeah that's the general idea, Main thing holding me back is a mod to handle crop growth and replace hunger with stamina

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
How much like it does it need to be? Because I can't think of any mods that can not only simulate seasons but also intereact with NPCs and make them have events.

Plus a lot of Star Dew Valley's mechanics are reliant on manageing your energy and time. How can this be properly imitated?

Of course you could just make a pack with Minecraft Comes Alive, Agricraft and a seasons mod and just play it like that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
How much like it does it need to be? Because I can't think of any mods that can not only simulate seasons but also intereact with NPCs and make them have events.

Plus a lot of Star Dew Valley's mechanics are reliant on manageing your energy and time. How can this be properly imitated?

Of course you could just make a pack with Minecraft Comes Alive, Agricraft and a seasons mod and just play it like that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
That's why I'm building the mod pack. I will have to have a few mods made for the really odd mechanics.

S

Stickmat3

You can base your health and stamina system using the TerraFirmaCraft's, removing the thirst and changing hunger to stamina. Stamina fully fills up during sleep. Beds need to be with you during spawn, or increase sheeps spawn chance to get wool.

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
You can base your health and stamina system using the TerraFirmaCraft's, removing the thirst and changing hunger to stamina. Stamina fully fills up during sleep. Beds need to be with you during spawn, or increase sheeps spawn chance to get wool.
Bed would be part of map