FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Considering to try this pack focusing on magic/nature mods mainly while avoiding tech mods as much as possible. But I fear tech stuff has to be involved to do any sort of descent automation? I mean Thaumcraft golems can only do so little. Relying just on magic/nature mods to get resources is probably making the grind even worse?

It will be a grind. I am working agricraft. I have a solid 16 hours of work in getting all the seeds to 10,10,10 in just the mystical flowers. To get all of the Pam's craft seeds it will probably be another 30 hours or so. It looks like you have to do Botania before you can start the other magic packs. Looks like they all inter relate to some extent.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
ok bug confirmed. If you use a rubber seed and it spawns a MFR sapling if you bonemeal it it will change into a sacred rubber tree sapling and back. If you pick it back up it reverts back to a reg rubber tree sapling. It will still grow into a reg rubber tree though still testing whether it grow normally into a full tree. What happens if a sacred one grows?

Olafski

Jul 29, 2019
ok bug confirmed. If you use a rubber seed and it spawns a MFR sapling if you bonemeal it it will change into a sacred rubber tree sapling and back. If you pick it back up it reverts back to a reg rubber tree sapling. It will still grow into a reg rubber tree though still testing whether it grow normally into a full tree. What happens if a sacred one grows?
My guess is you will have a LOT of rubber... ;)

Olafski

Jul 29, 2019
Ic2 Replicator is your friend.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I should've thought of that... I did think of that, then looked in NEI and figured the way I saw there was the only way to get Iridium in this pack... :/ Thanks!

Zadkiel

Jul 29, 2019
How to put 5 items in through satellite? Machine Frame (Basic) Maybe also add a supplier pipe nxet to the assembly table to keep a couple bits in... will try that now.

Yup, that worked. Satellite set to keep 2x the recipe in the table.

or you can use the advanced satellite upgrade, which allows you to specify a satellite (or not) for each of the 9 slots. Unfortunately at the moment it only works on crafting pipes, not crafting modules, but you only really need basic and resonant machine frames, so it's not a huge deal to put 2 crafting pipes onto the chest.

Zadkiel

Jul 29, 2019
It will be a grind. I am working agricraft. I have a solid 16 hours of work in getting all the seeds to 10,10,10 in just the mystical flowers. To get all of the Pam's craft seeds it will probably be another 30 hours or so. It looks like you have to do Botania before you can start the other magic packs. Looks like they all inter relate to some extent.

At the point you start breeding seeds, rush the watering can first. Then you can also rush the market, if you want to save time on cross-breeding.

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, I'll give it a try and see if I'll get bored of not using tech at all. I don't mind some hard labor for a long while. But my question still stands, automation will be a pain without any tech mods I assume?

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
At the point you start breeding seeds, rush the watering can first. Then you can also rush the market, if you want to save time on cross-breeding.
You will need a bucket to make a planting field, which means you'll need the hammer to make iron plates for a bucket. Which means you'll need a coke oven asap.

You can use bonemeal, fertilizer and clippers to speed up breeding. But early game bonemeal and fertilizer will be what holds you up. I ended up building sprinklers. It is expensive diamond wise to make world interaction upgrades to automatically produce water to feed the sprinklers but it will save more time in the long run than fertilizer or bone meal (unless you took the time to set up a mob farm first, then bonemeal isn't a problem).

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
The tears and the rage posts would be 10x more awesome if FTB somehow forced players to do the bee progress tree....

A missed opportunity....

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: zBob

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019

Mega = ~75 Tall with a 7 wide base
Regular Sacred = ~100 blocks tall - 9 wide base
(Enchanted) Sacred = ~190 Tall - 23 wide base (with ~ 540 block wide canopy, 540 is not a typo)

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
The tears and the rage posts would be 10x more awesome if FTB somehow forced players to do the bee progress tree....

A missed opportunity....

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
I did Bees once. It stung a little. I discovered I'm allergic.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019

i dont know how you have been doing it, but i got all the botania flowers to max level in less than an hour. I did have basically unlimited bonemeal by then because of the sifting, so that helped.

or did you mean 16 hours after the start of the pack? because just the flower breeding really should not take that long at all.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Mega = ~75 Tall with a 7 wide base
Regular Sacred = ~100 blocks tall - 9 wide base
(Enchanted) Sacred = ~190 Tall - 23 wide base (with ~ 540 block wide canopy, 540 is not a typo)
I was asking cause they used to be a game ending glitch with those trees just making sure growing one will not mess up saves. Beside I'm sure it not really the bigger ones. I mean if it did really change to the big ones it would convert back when picked up. I'll keep testing just in case. wonder what happens if I use fert on it instead.

Last edited:

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I was asking cause they used to be a game ending glitch with those trees just making sure growing one will not mess up saves. Beside I'm sure it not really the bigger ones.
I figured as much, I did it on a test world here in IES out of curiosity. I started it about 2 hours before your post and found them all grown up when I got in this morning. Fairly impressive really...

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I figured as much, I did it on a test world here in IES out of curiosity. I started it about 2 hours before your post and found them all grown up when I got in this morning. Fairly impressive really...
I was bonemealing the saplings but i never thought to bonemeal to sacred then seeing iff that would grow big....hmm..!

Note: Bonemealed to Sacred and then let grow and still only a reg rubber tree when it grew. Don't know why it shows as sacred.

Last edited:

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I was bonemealing the saplings but i never thought to bonemeal to sacred then seeing iff that would grow big....hmm..!

Note: Bonemealed to Sacred and then let grow and still only a reg rubber tree when it grew. Don't know why it shows as sacred.
This is most likely a result of a visual waila glitch. Most vanilla saplings can show as oak in the tooltip after a bonemeal application.

T

T_Dudes

I'm wondering when will Ex Compressum be update to a version that will fix the issue with it's Auto Compressor constantly working even when full,which will cause it to spit these blocks out instead of stopping and waiting for more room.

Zadkiel

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to make items in my LP network available to AE? The last time I worked with LP it was possible, but that was back in the days of AE1. As I recalled you simply placed request and provider pipes onto an ME interface, and you got nearly perfect integration (as I recall, items were available and requestable in both directions, but crafting only worked in 1 direction). However this doesn't seem to work now, I can't get AE to see anything in LP.

I'm transitioning over to 100% AE, but re-creating my auto-crafting is going to take some time and I was hoping to have a temporary integrated setup during the transition period.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to make items in my LP network available to AE? The last time I worked with LP it was possible, but that was back in the days of AE1. As I recalled you simply placed request and provider pipes onto an ME interface, and you got nearly perfect integration (as I recall, items were available and requestable in both directions, but crafting only worked in 1 direction). However this doesn't seem to work now, I can't get AE to see anything in LP.

I'm transitioning over to 100% AE, but re-creating my auto-crafting is going to take some time and I was hoping to have a temporary integrated setup during the transition period.

you could put a provider and request pipe on an interface configured to hold the raw ingredients, and then order the autocrafting from there or using one of lp's remote ordering options.