Seconded Beta!

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Some may think that this is an OMGUS but it isn't.
Leth voted me like he knows that I'm not on his team, I agree with Victini, that locked vote is pretty susupicious IMO.
vote leth

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Because my vote will do nothing right now (no-one's going to second me) and If I am to go down, I want to go down gracefully, I'll vote RealKC
Not because I have any idea if he is a wolf, or not, but because it improves our chances on killing the last wolf.

However, if Letho hadn't locked his vote, we could easily randomly vote right now.
The rest of us actually can randomly vote, I guess...

Victini and RealKC, could you each send me two numbers from 0 to 3?
Same method, modulo of four, list:
0 Lethosos
1 RealKC
2 Robijnvogel
3 Victini
(We'll only (be able to) use the second number if one of the outcomes is 1, as Letho has already locked his vote.)

1 master and 2 submitters is enough as there's only one wolf and no others to conspire with.

Would you feel like doing this?

If not, and if Victini is the last wolf, would you please be so kind as to gank yourself tonight? :p

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Here's the thing: I'm pretty sure that RealKC is the last wolf based on my observations regarding the makeup of wolf-teams in the past and their performance. I'll do a full write-up in the main thread tonight, but I'm pretty confident that the last wolf is a "low tier" player. In fact, I'm fine with being lynched tonight if we get him as well.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Alright let's wrap this thing up. I don''t see the villagers ever winning this one at this point.
  • Lethosos was lynched! He was a villager!
  • Robin got ganked! He was a villager!
  • Victini was the last wolf! He wins!
  • Fraction2, SpwnX, and ljfa also won because they were wolves!
For the next game, here's a few thoughts:
  • decrease wolf rate to 1/8 down from 1/4. The only reason the village almost won this round was sheer luck and fumbling by the wolves.
  • If anyone has more than three votes on someone at the end of the day, anyone who had a vote on him has a 25% chance to die. For example:
    • Lethosos, pyure, vike, and victini all vote for realKC.
    • RealKC is lynched, and each of them go through the RNG grinder to see if they die.
    • There could be any number of outcomes, from all of them surviving to the quite improbable event of all of them dying.
  • At least one person must be lynched each day. If it so happens that nobody got lynched, then everyone with a vote on them has a 25% chance of dying. If nobody gets unlucky the first round of rolling, I roll again until at least one person dies.
    • so if victini, sora, and pyure are the only ones left alive and they all vote for each other, I roll a D4 on each of them.
    • If all of them get 2-4, then I roll again until someone dies.
Questions, comments, concerns? Also, any feedback on roles to add? Should I add roles? Is the new wolf ratio too low? Is the old one too high? Are these voting guidelines agreeable?

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
goreae, just for historical fun purposes, you should list all the wolves who won :)
(also you absolutely should have given the plebes their last 30 minutes to plausibly get another lucky vote switch in, that's their prerogative)

GG guys. Victini, great job man. That game was a lot closer in technicalities than it was in reality. Three wolf kills in one day: wow.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Congratulations Victini,

I don't think anyone saw this coming. I mean, no-one even hinted at it.
Gg and maybe I'll see you next game!

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Robij, for the record, I thought you were wolf most of the game, until you ganked a wolf. And then I wondered if it was just a power-play.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I actually had Victini marked as a possible wolf, but because he backed himself with decent claims I couldn't really peg him. Figure I could get a sacrificial play out of Real if he wasn't a wolf, but meh.

I actually don't have any experience with Robin, so I dunno how high he was on my system. More on that later. I did trust him, though.

Good game, y'all.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
Oh we won. Well, GG guys :p
Tbh when the other wolves got lynched all in one day I didn't expect to be able to win. Plus I was suspected by literally everyone.

Now, I was kinda disappointed when everyone decided to go for the megabandwagon. I mean it kinda takes away a lot of our killing abilities. I understand why villagers would do that, but as a wolf and you see only 1 villager getting lynched a day, it's almost no different from a regular ww game. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: fowltief

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Oh we won. Well, GG guys :p
Tbh when the other wolves got lynched all in one day I didn't expect to be able to win. Plus I was suspected by literally everyone.

Now, I was kinda disappointed when everyone decided to go for the megabandwagon. I mean it kinda takes away a lot of our killing abilities. I understand why villagers would do that, but as a wolf and you see only 1 villager getting lynched a day, it's almost no different from a regular ww game. Just my 2 cents
goreae acknowledged this and is suggesting methods to incentivize more death and destruction

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
goreae acknowledged this and is suggesting methods to incentivize more death and destruction
I guess implementing some other traditional werewolf roles, like the witch and huntsman, but above all the psychic, could make the game more lively as well, additionally leaving the wolves some roles to guess.

It should be legal to vote nill on day one though. Day one is and will stay a shot in the dark.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
it should be legal to vote nil on any day as far as I'm concerned. So long as people become educated to the point that they analyze when someone votes nil.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Goreae, what do you figure would happen if wolves had two actions per night:
Kill Pyure
Watch Vikestep

And if Vikestep ended up being the ONLY lynch the next day, the wolves would get an extra free kill?

This might incentivize the town to kill two people per day. Meanwhile, people would be on the lookout for organized attempts to lynch a specific person.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I like the idea of giving the wolves an extra default action they can use at night, but only once every game, called "kill Pyure"

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: VictiniX888

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
it should be legal to vote nil on any day as far as I'm concerned. So long as people become educated to the point that they analyze when someone votes nil.
Yep. The whole lynchsmite system was only really introduced to force some sort of inactivity. If you don't want to vote anyone, you can always just officially abstain.

And I'm thinking of using cheese's instalock thing in my next monocon game, but with the added affect of being able to officially abstain and keeping lynchsmite intact.

Goreae, what do you figure would happen if wolves had two actions per night:
Kill Pyure
Watch Vikestep

And if Vikestep ended up being the ONLY lynch the next day, the wolves would get an extra free kill?

This might incentivize the town to kill two people per day. Meanwhile, people would be on the lookout for organized attempts to lynch a specific person.
Keep in mind this is supposed to be a quick game. With that added, the village will still tend to only lynch two people per day.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yep. The whole lynchsmite system was only really introduced to force some sort of inactivity. If you don't want to vote anyone, you can always just officially abstain.

And I'm thinking of using cheese's instalock thing in my next monocon game, but with the added affect of being able to officially abstain and keeping lynchsmite intact.

Keep in mind this is supposed to be a quick game. With that added, the village will still tend to only lynch two people per day.
Item 1: I actually like the notion of officially abstaining over just not voting I think.
Item 2: I have a habit of trying to nudge in a direction rather than knee-jerking. You're still looking at potential 3+ kills per day. But I get it if you want to crank it up further.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
This is not the reason why I joined this game, effectively making this post totally off-topic, but since this thread is as good as done anyway, I wanted to ask you if you'd like to check out my Void of Modpack. I'm currently in the process of updating and setting up a server for it and I could use quite some feedback right now.

What is unique about the pack is not the collection of mods itself, but the idea behind it and the way it should be set up server-wise. Two config sets, two servers, one modpack.

So I'd hoped to harvest some feedback on my pack here, or at least some criticism on this post.