FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
<snip>
I'd like to one day see a skyblock that isn't so void. More of a sky island pack. None of this sifting nonsense. But actual world gen woth ore and maybe even dungeons
<snip>

I saw this and immediately started thinking of old Yes album covers...

"Shattered Worlds" No jetpacks, just bridge building. ;-)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I saw this and immediately started thinking of old Yes album covers...

"Shattered Worlds" No jetpacks, just bridge building. ;-)
I think this would be a key to making that world work interestingly for me. Bonus if the bridges "break" somehow if they're not made out of Special Material X, so that you have to expand at a measured pace.

(Dunno how I'd do the breakage. Maybe meteors fall constantly between the islands and smash non-material-x to pieces)

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I think this would be a key to making that world work interestingly for me. Bonus if the bridges "break" somehow if they're not made out of Special Material X, so that you have to expand at a measured pace.

(Dunno how I'd do the breakage. Maybe meteors fall constantly between the islands and smash non-material-x to pieces)
Langoliers... ;-)

Material that is directly over the void (now Islands must have Bedrock as lower layer) has a chance to despawn when outside X radius of the player, the more durable the material, the lesser the chance. Wither-proof materials are immune.

Actually this is starting to form up int a real thing I think...

Reactions: Pyure

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
i would play this if it would come out
Unfortunately there is no "modpack creation" forum to have this discussion in... (edited to remove link)

I don't want this lost in the noise of general chat. Hope it gets formed, I have several cool Ideas I want to toss out for a coder to get some glory... ;-)

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately there is no "modpack creation" forum to have this discussion in... so I requested one.. ;-)

I don't want this lost in the noise of general chat. Hope it gets formed, I have several cool Ideas I want to toss out for a coder to get some glory... ;-)
In third party modpack section you have a third party modpack creation sub section

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
If it helps you can spawn a void world with structures turned on and it will spawn buildings and mines and stuff in the air. rofl...Don't ask how i know that..hehe!

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
where wee can see the changelog ?
If you go over to the Modpack section and click on it it will open a page that has bugs reports and Change logs. Click on change logs and then click on the mod pack you want the change log for. After that loads click on file and then the version you are looking for the change log for. it will show you the changes then.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
My spawner design:
no spiders
3 height side spawns endermen
2 height side runs all mobs through witch water at the front to get wither Skeletons
this is all done with extra Util conveyor belts.
A drop height of 20 allows head/loot/xp farming
A drop height of 25 kills most trash mobs allowing for just specials, witches and endermen (loot bags, ender pearls and occasional spider eyes)
XPAbevh.png
Advantages
-Moves mobs for you,
-More loot than you need
Disadvantages
-Need to make conveyors
-no Spiders (need MANY eyes later on for Galgodorian)

Edit to change to better image

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
My spawner design:
no spiders
3 height side spawns endermen
2 height side runs all mobs through witch water at the front to get wither Skeletons
this is all done with extra Util conveyor belts.
A drop height of 20 allows head/loot/xp farming
A drop height of 25 kills most trash mobs allowing for just specials, witches and endermen (loot bags, ender pearls and occasional spider eyes)
XPAbevh.png
Advantages
-Moves mobs for you,
-More loot than you need
Disadvantages
-Need to make conveyors
-no Spiders (need MANY eyes later on for Galgodorian)

Edit to change to better image
if you are dropping them you could put the witch water in the drop hole with a sign.

Reactions: SolManX

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
if you are dropping them you could put the witch water in the drop hole with a sign.

I've been thinking about how to automate a wither skeleton farm with an normal skeleton auto-spawner and witch water. I wasn't sure (and hadn't tested yet) how long they had to be in the water before converting. But having them drop through the witch water is a great idea!

UPDATE ... just got my first couple of wither skulls. Decided to use a two-high conveyor belt system leading to an MFR mob router that selects the skellies onto another conveyor belt which drops them through the witch water onto a diamond spike.

Last edited:

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
in other modpacks you used to be able to sheer high gain agricraft crops to get flowers instead of the dyes they drop.
this is not working for me however. was this disabled on purpose or is it a bug?

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Only if you want the Endermen to teleport away. The entire purpose of this multi-spawner is to allow for options... a sticky piston to have a shorter fall for farming heads/XP, long fall to weed out trash mobs, etc.

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Only if you want the Endermen to teleport away. The entire purpose of this multi-spawner is to allow for options... a sticky piston to have a shorter fall for farming heads/XP, long fall to weed out trash mobs, etc.

Aye, personally my mob spawner is a 15x15 platform of conveyors all pointing towards a 3x3 hole. probably should of made the hole 2x2 but the 3 high ceiling allows enderman to spawn and it supports spiders so it has become my source of wool and string. initially about a 35ish block drop I found some special mobs still survived so I put punji sticks underneath. Later switched to diamond spikes so I now have 660 levels of EXP from that stored up added cobwebs about 5 blocks above the spikes so they would die from the spikes instead of fall damage. The spikes themselves are now on drawbridges which allow the mobs to drop another block down into my manual sacrifice area or for automated sacrifice. As an added bonus diamond spikes also cauase mobs to drop thaumcraft vis orbs. accumulating a bunch of mobs at the bottom and returning the spikes to kill mode while i'm standing next to my blood magic sacrifice area allows me to fill up half to all of a greatwood wand. Haven't had to use nodes at all since I haven't done much with thaumcraft minus getting basic infusion up and am only using the vis to create arcane stone once in a while which I'm not even doing now since I got a conjuration catalyst.

Created a spawner room for skeletons which is a oversized 9x9 conveyor belt floor with a small drop through witchwater signs to convert to wither skeles. it's been running for maybe 20 minutes with a cleaver with beheading 4 and flux in a autonomous activator doing all the killing and I already have 7 stacks of wither skeleton heads.

Also for a bug report, killing myself with the cleaver in the Autonomous reactor kicks me out of the game but doesn't crash minecraft with the connection is terminated error. Wanted my head to boost my altar.

Reactions: SolManX

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Hey i am trying to breed bees on infinity sky block in my alveary and it wont breed ferrous bees, ive used iron blocks under my alveary 9 blocks, and i tryed with a nether star when breeding common princess and industrius drone and i got 5 frame housings with chocolate frames, and it wont turn to ferrous even with the star i dont get it it.
im in a plains biome, and this should work not sure what im doing wrong
http://imgur.com/4Wmn5W1
Ive tryed over 10 times it just wont breed is this a glitch in this pack? not sure how to do this then if it doenst work :/
Did you ever managed to get the bee?
I am trying to get the Windy bee but its also not working at all... Havent tried the Ferrous or Earthen yet.