Bee Rainfall Serum?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

joel42

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone,
I've been bee breeding for my friends on my server for a while now, and have just started getting some mineral bees like iron, copper, tin, and lead. I always try to make a species serum for these bees so i can have multiple apiary setups with them. However, when I was isolating one of my drones, it came out with a very strange looking dark blue serum, a rainfall serum. I haven't tried it out yet. Anyone know what it does?

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
It's the one that gives the "flyer" trait, allowing the bees to work in rain.

joel42

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, sweet! I've been looking for that trait serum! I didn't know that was what it was called, I thought it would be something more obvious. Thanks!

joel42

Jul 29, 2019
Offnote side question. What bee has the fast worker trait. I've got imperials and industious that i want to work fast for their jelly and pollen, but i dont have anything with fast worker. I thought it was cultivated, but all mine are still slow. Is it something else, or did I just accidentally breed the fast trait out of my cultivateds

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
It is cultivated when they originally mutate, but I think it might be a recessive trait. What probably happened is that, after mutating, the cultivated took the speed from the initial species.

Take a forest and meadows combo, and load it up with soul frames. That'll probably make a complete mutation to work with.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Offnote side question. What bee has the fast worker trait. I've got imperials and industious that i want to work fast for their jelly and pollen, but i dont have anything with fast worker. I thought it was cultivated, but all mine are still slow. Is it something else, or did I just accidentally breed the fast trait out of my cultivateds

Yep, changing the trait doesn't change much of the speed, your best bet is to make alveary as soon as possible.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, early on, 3 chocolate frames makes it produce 90% of the speed it would in an alviary, so the "Fastest worker" will definitely produce more than a "Slowest worker".
10% difference is not that big, when you start, because the cost of an alviary is pretty high.

Granted that after you have seed oil and wood in big quantities, they are the must-have, because you can even further improve them with frames too.

joel42

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on an alveary now, but they're really expensive, as I'm sure you all know. I've automated my bee setup so when they die, the princess and a drone are put back and any combs and excess drones go through in to my house for centrifuging. I can use proven frames since i have a few apiarist villagers, or chocolate frames since my valiant bees produce so much cocoa. However, even though the fast worker trait only increases by a small percentage, if i can get serum, over time it would drastically increase my royal jelly and pollen production for the alvearies. I'll work on some new cultivated though. Is there any other species that naturally has fast worker?