Open 2.3.3: 2.4.2: Thaumic Energistics server crash on world load (ThEPartBase.isPowered)

nickodemious

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
The server crashes upon world load when Thaumic Energistics blocks exist in the game. I'm currently trying to isolate which block/entity is causing the crash, but am having no luck so far.

Crash report is as follows (This is from a client in SP, same crash from server in SMP)
Time: 3/12/16 10:52 AM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception in server tick loop
at thaumicenergistics.common.parts.ThEPartBase.isPowered(ThEPartBase.java:508)
at thaumicenergistics.common.parts.ThEPartBase.writeToStream(ThEPartBase.java:851)
at thaumicenergistics.common.parts.ThERotateablePart.writeToStream(ThERotateablePart.java:157)
at appeng.parts.CableBusContainer.writeToStream(CableBusContainer.java:932)
at appeng.fmp.CableBusPart.writeDesc(CableBusPart.java:255)
at codechicken.multipart.TMultiPart.sendDescUpdate(TMultiPart.scala:215)
at appeng.fmp.CableBusPart.markForUpdate(CableBusPart.java:561)
at appeng.parts.CableBusContainer.markForUpdate(CableBusContainer.java:358)
at appeng.parts.networking.PartCable.markForUpdate(PartCable.java:168)
at appeng.me.helpers.AENetworkProxy.onGridNotification(AENetworkProxy.java:334)
at appeng.me.GridNode.addConnection(GridNode.java:107)
at appeng.me.GridConnection.<init>(GridConnection.java:130)
at appeng.me.GridNode.FindConnections(GridNode.java:456)
at appeng.me.GridNode.updateState(GridNode.java:217)
at appeng.me.helpers.AENetworkProxy.getNode(AENetworkProxy.java:152)
at appeng.me.helpers.AENetworkProxy.onReady(AENetworkProxy.java:143)
at appeng.parts.AEBasePart.addToWorld(AEBasePart.java:313)
at appeng.parts.CableBusContainer.addToWorld(CableBusContainer.java:605)
at appeng.fmp.CableBusPart.onWorldJoin(CableBusPart.java:177)
at codechicken.multipart.TMultiPart.onChunkLoad(TMultiPart.scala:237)
at codechicken.multipart.TileMultipart$$anonfun$onChunkLoad$1.apply(TileMultipart.scala:92)
at codechicken.multipart.TileMultipart$$anonfun$onChunkLoad$1.apply(TileMultipart.scala:92)
at codechicken.multipart.TileMultipart.operate(TileMultipart.scala:76)
at codechicken.multipart.TileMultipart.onChunkLoad(TileMultipart.scala:92)
at codechicken.lib.world.TileChunkLoadHook.onChunkLoad(TileChunkLoadHook.java:26)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_1240_TileChunkLoadHook_onChunkLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:140)
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76631_c(Chunk.java:923)
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:46)
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:12)
at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.skipQueue(AsynchronousExecutor.java:344)
at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.getSkipQueue(AsynchronousExecutor.java:302)
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOExecutor.syncChunkLoad(ChunkIOExecutor.java:12)
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:126)
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:101)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71222_d(MinecraftServer.java:265)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:78)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:92)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

Mod & Version:
Thaumic Energistics 1.0.0.1

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/89f14085

Can it be repeated:
Simply load a world with Thaumic Energistics items in use. This issue was reproducible in v2.4.1 as well as v2.4.2. If you delete the mod, load the world, and replace the Thaumic Energistics blocks, it works until a server restart, at which time it crashes on load again.

Known Fix:
Delete the Thaumic Energistics mod from the pack and restart the server (which removes all TE blocks).

K

kristi71111

I actually explained this in my post under Tech Support:
The crash can be reproduced by placing a cable and a microblock in the same area. This will cause the cable to become a microblock (you can notice this because the ME cable will take longer to mine). Now even if you had removed the microblock itself the cable still remains a microblock and adding any Thaumic Energistics terminal (both arcane crafting and essentia terminals) will cause the same crash when this area become loaded or unloaded.
http://i.imgur.com/9fnbRHe.png <--- explanation with a picture
This is the problem you are having with this crash. What I suggest doing is checking the person who last logged in before the crash or checking the loaded chunks and checking for this and removing the blocks with mcedit or by removing the mod from your launcher and letting the blocks get removed.
And this is the actual issue and it can be repeated.

R

Rixxaw

Kristi, do you know if you can use ME Conduit from EnderIO?