[Suggestion] Keep original filenames and version numbers for mods in modpack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Hi forum,

with the new xycraft update , i noticed that most of the mods don't have the version number in their filenames when installed from the modpacks. Thus, when manually upgrading files, i have to check the readmes or version properties of the files (i.e. what version of forge do i have in this DW pack, what xycraft version was included).

My suggestion is to leave the filenames as they are from their developers, which makes it much easier to find and update various files manually.

It's open to discussion, like it if you like it ;)

Reactions: Kaminho

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
its that way so when packs update the mods can just be overwritten to prevent multiple versions of same mods been installed if it wasnt that way it be much harder for the modpack team to update the packs

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Sry, but

It isnt a problem to rename a directory or clear it up first IF there is a problem with different mod versions. And as far as i observed the update process, the directory gets deleted anyways.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Bickers is refering to the way the devs put together a mod packpack not what happens when you download it.
It's easier for the devs.
It's annoying as hell, but the modpacks are for people who have little or no knowledge about installing mods. They're not catering for people like us who manually update.
It would be less of a problem if the threads were more up to date where each pack version lists the mods and version numbers for reference.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
Sry, but

It isnt a problem to rename a directory or clear it up first IF there is a problem with different mod versions. And as far as i observed the update process, the directory gets deleted anyways.
if you want the full explanation watch this its from slows stream its all explaned why at around the 6:33:00 mark

Status
Not open for further replies.