Super Low Lag Octuple Compressed Cobblestone Generator

G

gscool

could you please explain how to setup inventory manager new at this

O

Owyaa

Super low lagg indeed, the entire server crashed, and the chunk where the item was had to be completly be replaced, before you build in in your base, test it first somewhere else

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Actually as of late I have noticed that SFM seems to be slow/resource intense when crafting. Might be a 1.7.10 thing or perhaps VSWE has made a change to the way SFM crafts that is causing it.

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
Not as compact but possibly easier to setup is using compacting drawers from storage drawers. It takes 4 compacting drawers to get to octtuple but as far as I can tell the compression doesn't take any time, it's just an algorithm that calculates how many of the higher tier compressions you can get from the low tier part. The catch is that you need some kind of item transport between drawers.

L

L3thal1ty

Actually as of late I have noticed that SFM seems to be slow/resource intense when crafting. Might be a 1.7.10 thing or perhaps VSWE has made a change to the way SFM crafts that is causing it.

Yeah, buddy of mine is hosting a FTB Infinity Evolved 1.7.10 server and I did a setup with 20 transfer nodes, all dumping into draconic chests, fed into SFM and it crashed the server in seconds lol. I had to tear it down and go with the tier1-3 crafters and several of them in order to keep up with the transfer nodes... but, no lag anymore.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, buddy of mine is hosting a FTB Infinity Evolved 1.7.10 server and I did a setup with 20 transfer nodes, all dumping into draconic chests, fed into SFM and it crashed the server in seconds lol. I had to tear it down and go with the tier1-3 crafters and several of them in order to keep up with the transfer nodes... but, no lag anymore.
Last I checked steve's mods hadn't seen updates in a very long time (at least a year), even the mods that branched from his mods to continue them hadn't seen updates in about as long. I just tried looking the mod up to see when the newest version was released. The site that it was hosted on isn't there and the minecraft forum post is not very informative. The wiki I looked at doesn't show latest release information for mods. I have read of modpacks pulling it and its predecessor do to to many bugs happening in the packs associated with them.

G

gregory472000

http://imgur.com/lnfppiW

This is how you can remove the delay if you haven't figured it out already. This lets you remove the false side of the first condition as well as the flow after they are initially planted or just simply plant them yourself at the start. It's what I initially did, and was doing before, but I was trying to emulate your setup.

As far as what you were trying to do, I don't think you can chain 2 outputs in a row like that. You maybe could have had one output with a multi-selection of the block gate and the barrel, but I am not sure how you would have prioritized the block gate. My way just puts them all in the barrel and pulls one back out to plant immediately after harvesting.

can you please explain the commands you used. i see the squares but i dont know what you did in those squares.

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
can you please explain the commands you used. i see the squares but i dont know what you did in those squares.

There are several decent video guides to creating compressed cobblestone using Steve's Factory Manager. The one I've linked below has a detailed view of how each step is set up. But do look at other videos, the Factory Manager has a lot of neat functionality, in a very low-lag block.

P

PhoenixPlays

I ended up using a cobblestone framework from EnderIO, a fully upgraded translocator, and a tier three crafter from RFTools. Low lag, but not all that cheap on power with the octadic capacitor on the framework.