Adding ATG to Infinity Evolved

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019
I've been messing around with adding ATG (Alternate Terrain Generation) to FTB Infinity Evolved.

Using the (in the thread) provided generator.cfg, I got it to work using BoP biomes. At first there was a large amount of mushroom biomes, which was fixed by disabling the "ocean filling" feature of BoP. After doing this, I got really nice looking worlds (I also followed @rhn 's advice of changing the BiomeBlobScale entry in atg.cfg to 5, thus reducing the biome-noise of the world).

It's great, but I have a couple of things that irk me that I would like to sort out before I commit to a world.

First, there is a lot of ocean. I don't mind having a lot, but some of them seem to have no end. I tried changing the landmass percentage in the BoP configs, but that doesn't seem to do it.

Second, most of the coastline isn't beaches, but rather really wet, swampy biomes. I wouldn't really mind, were it not for the ugly water colouring that comes with it. This could be fixed by having beaches fill those slots or by disabling the different water colours (but that would also kinda ruin any cool wet biomes that occur in other places).

Has anyone gone through this process and can you give me some ideas/pointers?

Perhaps someone has already worked out a really nice config I could use, who knows?

Cheers,

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
First, there is a lot of ocean. I don't mind having a lot, but some of them seem to have no end. I tried changing the landmass percentage in the BoP configs, but that doesn't seem to do it.
I never really messed much with the configs, but think Eyamaz had the same problems when configging ATG for Monster(which configs I used for my TPPI world through the Universal configs of 1.6.4). Perhaps you could look up those configs for some pointers. Dunno if they have changed too much though...

Second, most of the coastline isn't beaches, but rather really wet, swampy biomes. I wouldn't really mind, were it not for the ugly water colouring that comes with it. This could be fixed by having beaches fill those slots or by disabling the different water colours (but that would also kinda ruin any cool wet biomes that occur in other places).
This is highly dependant on the climate belt you are in. You can get beaches, muddy swampy coasts(which are somewhat realistic to some extent), and arctic gravel shores. If you want larger areas of a certain shore type, then you could try and increase the sizes of the climate areas.

Reactions: Jerx99

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Be aware that if you do opt for increased climate areas, you could benin for a home to find a desert or arctic biome should you need one. Same with changing Biome size. These both allow for larger biomes to build in, but I hate walking 3k just to find something biome specific I need (God help you if you're a bee fanatic).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Be aware that if you do opt for increased climate areas, you could benin for a home to find a desert or arctic biome should you need one. Same with changing Biome size. These both allow for larger biomes to build in, but I hate walking 3k just to find something biome specific I need (God help you if you're a bee fanatic).
Yes. If you do this, then I recommend you for example cheat in the Mystcraft creative book, and then use it responsibly to create those simple biomes that you just cannot find.

Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll mess around with it over the weekend. I'll probably end up leaving the swampy coastal biomes in (for beebreeding/other reasons), but focusing more on trying to reduce ocean sizes.

If I find anything particularly good I'll try to post some screens and the config changes I made (unless, of course, I get too into playing).

Killerrabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, did you get any configs to share? I'm trying the exact same thing and I would love to save some time due to my busy IRL schedule :) - thanks!