Powering Extra Bees Machines?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zerro

Jul 29, 2019
I can't figure this one out. I have the Isolator, Synthesizer, Purifier, 2x Inoculators, and Genepool.

I have 1x Energy Tesseract from my workshop (3x HP boiler, 54x industrial engines), connect to a Red Stone Energy Cell, connected to the machines. If I'm running a couple of machines, I notice the cell is depleting so I can't really run these machines long term because after awhile, the cell runs out of energy.

Any suggestions on powering these machines so I don't have to constantly babysit them?

Thanks

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
The cell can only accept up to 100 MJ/t, which is a fraction of what your engines are producing. Any excess energy is lost (assuming you are using conduits). Hook up several cells in parallel to store more energy.

zaekeon

Jul 29, 2019
Also keep in mind unless you change the config the tesseracts can only xfer a max 100mj/tick with a 25% loss as well. So hooking up 3 redstone enèrgy cells will not let you xfer 300mj/t, only up to 100
Can go through.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
You realize one of those machines uses up to 1000MJ/tick, right?

Tesseracts are for lazy people. Bees are not

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
Note for Tesseracts KingLemming stated a while back that the max Output is 100 MJ/t the 25% loss is calculated on top so it will output 100MJ but draw 125MJ from your Steam Engines. Some of the Extra Bees machines can take up to 75MJ so you might need to parcel it out better with a Redstone Energy Cell buffer.

Zerro

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I know about the 25% loss. I have to use Tesseracts because my bee processing factory is not even in the same age as the boilers :p

I just want to set it up in a way that I could have the machines running and walk away knowing that I don't have to worry about running out of power.

I've also experimented with connecting 2 tesseracts to the energy cell and that seemed to help out a bit but still getting a loss from the cell when running multiple machines

Also is there a max energy capacity that those conduits can carry or is it unlimited?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Note for Tesseracts KingLemming stated a while back that the max Output is 100 MJ/t the 25% loss is calculated on top so it will output 100MJ but draw 125MJ from your Steam Engines. Some of the Extra Bees machines can take up to 75MJ so you might need to parcel it out better with a Redstone Energy Cell buffer.

Can you confirm that, because the way I remember his post, it was that the tesseract would accept up to 100MJ, and they would lose 25% of it.

From the config:

Code:
    I:transport.teleport.energy.loss=25
    I:transport.teleport.energy.maxTransfer=100

Assuming that is used in the way that makes the most logical sense, it means a tesseract will accept the maxTransfer value, and will lose the loss value as a percentage from the maxTransfer value.

Also is there a max energy capacity that those conduits can carry or is it unlimited?
I think it is 1000MJ/t before they are oversaturated, but I have yet to test this to confirm so I am not sure.

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
Can you confirm that, because the way I remember his post, it was that the tesseract would accept up to 100MJ, and they would lose 25% of it.

When I heard it, it was said by him on an FTB Stream so I don't have a way to quote that unfortunately. I hope I didn't hear it wrong I'd hate to misrepresent facts. I would imagine there is a way to test this with energy cells but I recall the mechanics are pretty similar to conduits. Also I think you are right on the saturation point of conduits is 1000MJ, though I'm not really sure what happens when you hit that point. Hopefully KingLemming sees this thread and could chime in.

Reactions: Guswut

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
When I heard it, it was said by him on an FTB Stream so I don't have a way to quote that unfortunately. I hope I didn't hear it wrong I'd hate to misrepresent facts. I would imagine there is a way to test this with energy cells but I recall the mechanics are pretty similar to conduits. Also I think you are right on the saturation point of conduits is 1000MJ, though I'm not really sure what happens when you hit that point. Hopefully KingLemming sees this thread and could chime in.

Yeah, last I remember he posted in a thread on here, but I do not remember which thread it was. I'll try and remember to run some tests tonight, if possible, to confirm both things as yeah, it won't be too hard to figure out.

Yippy Kai Aye

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget the flat 5% loss with conduits. In response to the main post I would suggest having two output energy tesseracts since you are producing so much power in the first place. Then have 2 tesseracts receiving the power. I would then either cut out redstone energy cells all together since they can cause a bottleneck or get a chain of about 4 on the receiving end.

Zerro

Jul 29, 2019
it is 25% loss so if you setup 1 Energy cell to Send to another Energy cell, the receiving energy cell would end up with 75 instead of 100 storage. I think Direwolf showed it off on his spotlight

EDIT: I am thinking, 4 receiving tesseracts would be good enough for 3 energy cells (75*4=300 MJ/tick)

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Just remember basic math. If the cell tesseract outputs 100 MJ/t and the cost is 25% loss, then the original input was 133.333 MJ/t, NOT 125 MJ/t.
133.333 * 0,75 = 100.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
THe 100mj limit of tesseracts is per side and on the INPUT. So if you have a tesseract that sends and connect it on multiple sides you can transfer more than 100mj/t.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Just remember basic math. If the cell outputs 100 MJ/t and the cost is 25% loss, then the original input was 133.333 MJ/t, NOT 125 MJ/t.
133.333 * 0,75 = 100.

Redstone Energy Cells have an input limit of 100MJ/t, though. Can they accept more MJ/t if you add more inputs to different sides, similar to tesseracts?

Vtecem

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone Energy Cells have an input limit of 100MJ/t, though. Can they accept more MJ/t if you add more inputs to different sides, similar to tesseracts?

From everything I've read about from similar threads, yes.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
From everything I've read about from similar threads, yes.

Sounds like it is time for some SCIENCE! I'll grab some dwarfs, some lava, and something shiny to be used as bait. You bring the warhammers, two goats, and a collection of trading cards.

That aside, I have a few things to test when I get the time. This has been added to that list.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Oops, I wrote cells in my post that you quoted, but I meant tesseracts (hence the 25% loss). Sorry for that.
About the cells and multiple inputs/outputs: Good question. If you set a cell to a max output of 10 MJ/t and connect multiple outputs, each side has a max of 10. Can you please try, if that will also boost the added output above 100? My MineCraft has some hiccups currently, so I'll wait for the official relese of ultimate.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Oops, I wrote cells in my post that you quoted, but I meant tesseracts (hence the 25% loss). Sorry for that.
About the cells and multiple inputs/outputs: Good question. If you set a cell to a max output of 10 MJ/t and connect multiple outputs, each side has a max of 10. Can you please try, if that will also boost the added output above 100? My MineCraft has some hiccups currently, so I'll wait for the official relese of ultimate.

Yup, that is what I had assumed, but I wanted to make sure. And when I get a chance, I'll give it a shot to see if redstone energy cells will accept or/and send the total amount listed from all sides combined, or if each side is capped at the limit and it is a side-by-side limit. No idea when I'll be able to get around to it, so if anyone else is reading this please feel free to do the research and post your results. At worst (within reasonable reason) the research is done more than once.