Thaumic Bees 1.4.1 and Node and Pure Bee

HeliNut

Jul 29, 2019
I am hoping for some suggestions on ways to get either of the bees mentioned (Node and Pure)

I have built up a 795 Pure node right next to my base (a ton of Silverwood sapling hunting and some Crystal core work to merge).

The Pure Bee says it requires a Vis and Edenic bee to be bred near a strong enough pure node (which happens to be less than 10 blocks from the breeding bees). So far i have tried both combinations (Vis Princess and Edenic dron and Edenic Princess and Vis dron) with no luck. I have tried it both with and without the mutator block (with nether stars) within the alveary i am using.

The Node be requires a Vis Princess and Vis drone near a strong enough node and during half moon. I have been trying to breed this one for days in the Alveary with and without mutator block and nether star, in normal Apiary's with soul frames, etc...

Anyone know of a better way to attackk these two? I am fairly new at bee breeding within minecraft and would appreciate all the advice i can receive.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Pure bees require a pure node within 5 blocks have a 7% chance of mutation and get a 60% mutation bonus during a new moon.

HeliNut

Jul 29, 2019
The bonus at new moon is on the wiki (but i misunderstood what it meant) but the within 5 blocks of a pure node was not :)

That was what got me the pure bee. Turns out my apiary was 6 blocks within the pure node, moving it i had that pure bee within a few attempts. Now to get that node bee :)

Thanks a ton!

voidreality

Jul 29, 2019
@jadedcat - can you confirm (or not confirm) that Vis bees are in the current DW20 pack (5.1.1)? I tried some time ago for many many hours to get them, and was unsuccessful. Then I read somewhere that thaumcraft wasn't updated all the way in the pack yet, and that the bees were actually impossible to get. Thought you might know the answer to this for sure. I want me them bees. Thanks :)

Christian Sinclair

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, Jaded, do you know what the Aura Attract effect does? I haven't really made much progress into normal bee breeding yet, let alone extra or thaumic bees, but that effect has confused me...

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
They are obtainable in DW20. Aura Attract moves nodes and has a very very small chance of growing a node larger.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Pure bees require a pure node within 5 blocks have a 7% chance of mutation and get a 60% mutation bonus during a new moon.
I'm in AWE of your Bee setup on the Forgecraft server. Not to disrespect Florastar, but you have at the very LEAST earned the title of Baroness of Bees!

Reactions: chadlupkes

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in AWE of your Bee setup on the Forgecraft server. Not to disrespect Florastar, but you have at the very LEAST earned the title of Baroness of Bees!

We aren't in a competition. We do different things. Flora is the expert on Forestry bees. I do more with the addon bees and farms. I am quite fine with the title "Sengir's Chosen" :p and with being the first to officially breed every bee the hard way. (And yes I did the gregtec ones too)

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I know you aren't competing, but the scale is just epic. I had no clue there were gregtech bees. I'll be needing that knowledge since i'm using the mindcrack pack. do u have any plans to make tutorial vids or some base tours?

voidreality

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying all day to get Vis bees. I have near perfect bees (Aware + Stark) that are exactly the same in every aspect except their species. A 700+ pure node sitting on top of the apiary (3 soul frames). Have tried an Alveary with 5 mutators. I'm still unable to get Vis bees in probably close to 100 generations. Is this normal? Could I be doing something wrong? Just extremely unlucky? Could someone confirm they've gotten Vis bees with the DW20 pack legit. And if so, can you please explain your setup? Thanks :)

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Try moving the alveary slightly off the node. I will double check which version of Thaumic bees is in the current DW20 just to make sure. I did have a few issue with the bees not picking up the node if it was inside or ontop or directly under the alvearies. It is like the game doesnt search the blocks where the apiary or alveary is.

Aware - Arcane = 7% base chance
Aware - Starks = 12% base chance

Edited to Add: It seems DW20 is on an old version. Update to the public 1.4.1 release

paul90133

Jul 29, 2019
so should I have my pure bees live for a long time or kill them off ? I'm trying to lower the flux any one know would BEE big help : ) and how long dos it take till u start noticing a difference in the level of the flux?

HeliNut

Jul 29, 2019
Is it a pure node?

I use regular Apiary with Impregnated frames or Proven frames and have them on an Apiarist pipe 24/7 so when flux is introduced they clean it up. My node is pure so it cleans itself of flux but the bees make it quicker. I start seeing aspect shards in my chest about 5 to 10 minutes after there is some flux to clean out.