mariculture help?

Raciathewildcat

Jul 29, 2019
hi.. im not sure if this is the right thread to post this kinda question in but its the best i got so.. i am wanting to keep pet fish. but i have no clue how to use this new fish thing with koi fish and whatever else. is there like a wiki or something to explain how this works? i cant seem to find it anywhere

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
The wiki is a bit outdated, better to use in-game books, you should automatically get one once you crafted any Mariculture item. If not search NEI

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Kinjiru

Jul 29, 2019
I am not getting a book when I start a world, etc. It looks like this is handled by Enchiridion now, which is not in the Monster pack, unless I'm mistaken?

Reactions: Wherop

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I am not getting a book when I start a world, etc. It looks like this is handled by Enchiridion now, which is not in the Monster pack, unless I'm mistaken?
You wouldn't get it when you start the world. You should get it when you get the first pearl in your inventory

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
You wouldn't get it when you start the world. You should get it when you get the first pearl in your inventory
That give you the sea witch manual and only details the pendants It has nothing about the fish in it.

Maybe there's a crafting recipe for the book.

Kinjiru

Jul 29, 2019
That give you the sea witch manual and only details the pendants It has nothing about the fish in it.

Maybe there's a crafting recipe for the book.

I didn't get it then either, and can't find the books in NEI. I am playing Monster pack and it does not include Enchiridion, which the Mariculture author says is what provides the books.

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
Craft a reed fishing rod should give you the fishing book. If not put the reed fishing rod and a book in crafting table

Kinjiru

Jul 29, 2019
Craft a reed fishing rod should give you the fishing book. If not put the reed fishing rod and a book in crafting table

Mariculture was changed to require the Enchiridion mod to get the books, and the Monster pack doesn't include Enchiridion. I was able to manually add Enchiridion to the mod pack and get the books, though. Hopefully this will be fixed in a future update, as those books are the only decent documentation on the mod.

Wherop

Jul 29, 2019
Mariculture was changed to require the Enchiridion mod to get the books, and the Monster pack doesn't include Enchiridion. I was able to manually add Enchiridion to the mod pack and get the books, though. Hopefully this will be fixed in a future update, as those books are the only decent documentation on the mod.
I have the same problem as Kinjiru, however no use manually adding Enchiridion since I'm playing multiplayer. Can I get the book(s) outside the game to read them somehow?

I

IamSpazZ

Not getting the books while crafting the items? And you have crafted like 50 snorkels? Fear not! Just put the Snorkel, Reed Fishing Rod, or the Iron Wheel in the Crafting Bench with a single Blank Book and viola! Crafts the manual it should'a gave you in the beginning. ^__^ Hope it helps!

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Not getting the books while crafting the items? And you have crafted like 50 snorkels? Fear not! Just put the Snorkel, Reed Fishing Rod, or the Iron Wheel in the Crafting Bench with a single Blank Book and viola! Crafts the manual it should'a gave you in the beginning. ^__^ Hope it helps!
Pls read the date when the last post was made!