What is a block creepers can't explode

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Don't think there's anything easy. Basalt is fairly resistant, but before reinforced stone, there's not really a "creeper proof" block.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Air

No but to be honest theres almost nothing that is fool proof. But many that are Highly Reistant. Meaning that most creeper blasts will be stopped. And there are many of these depending on the Mod packs your using. GT has high tier blocks that are blast reistant. all teh XYcraft blocks are reistent.

But totaly proof. Thaumcraft warded blocks are proof but need a wand to remove.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I thought that basalt was sufficient. I've seen creepers blow up on volcanoes and not cause any damage, not sure if basalt cobblestone is sufficient or not.

Anyone in a position to test?

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Unless it changed. Basalt is creeper proof, and anyone who has mo creatures installed, Basalt and marble are both Ogre proof too as an aditional bit of useless info.

Water is also a good creeper buffer.

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
I know that basalt (natural or cobblestone) was creeper-proof before creeper explosions were 'adjusted', and my experience with it in FTB (ie. post creeper explosion buff) is that it will still happily survive a creeper explosion.

A note about blast resistance: there isn't a 'most of the time'. There's no random component to blast resistance. Every type of block has a set blast resistance value, and every type of explosion has a blast strength value that degrades according to specific rules based on how far it travels and what (if any) blocks it has already destroyed. If a creeper explodes on basalt and none of the blocks directly adjacent to the creeper are destroyed, it's safe to say that creeper explosions won't destroy basalt.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
If you're not on a server, you could always turn creeper explosions off. Mob griefing game rule, I think.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
warded blocks are fairly easy to get, also xychoridite shield, or obsidian, maybe later reinforced stone and glass (but those are hard to destroy) Best one? warded, you can color it, and no turtle, quarry, block breaker, creeper, pickaxe, drill, laser or nuke in this world can destroy it... besides a simple stick with a nugget and a shard in the hands of the man that placed them.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
XyCraft blocks, Warded Glass & Stone, Basalt, and Obsidian are all good options depending on what you feel like delving into. Basalt is probably the easiest of the lot unless you already have the Thaumcraft research though.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
If you're not on a server, you could always turn creeper explosions off. Mob griefing game rule, I think.

Also the new version of codechickencore that is included in the ultimate pack and will no doubt be included in the other main packs when updated has a config that allows you turn off creeper enviroment damage. ie: no damage to blocks.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
or you can type /gamerule mobGriefing false or true every time you want to change without needing to restart server or client.