Command Line Arguments?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Does FTB allow arguments if say I wanted to use a .bat file to launch the launcher but I wanted the launcher to use a different FTB folder path (different MC installs)?

For example one of my FTB MC installs is at

Code:
C:\Users\User\Desktop\147\Server\FTB

and another is in

Code:
C:\Users\User\Desktop\FTB

id like to be able to open these easily without editing the FTB path each time.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Could you instead have two instances of the FTB launcher to go in each location, then choose the launcher you want based on the version you're trying to play? I was thinking about doing that so I could play on my server's Mindcrack (not updated) and still have the latest version of Mindcrack, so I'm curious as well.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Does FTB allow arguments if say I wanted to use a .bat file to launch the launcher but I wanted the launcher to use a different FTB folder path (different MC installs)?

For example one of my FTB MC installs is at

Code:
C:\Users\User\Desktop\147\Server\FTB

and another is in

Code:
C:\Users\User\Desktop\FTB

id like to be able to open these easily without editing the FTB path each time.

MultiMC is a better solution for launching different versions of FTB easily. Besides that, though, I don't believe the FTB launcher supports the ability to launch custom paths for the mods. You'd either have to use a batch file to rename the mod's folder each time you want to use it (keeping both in the same location), or possibly do as trunksbomb suggested and have two different FTB copies.

But really now, I'd suggest MultiMC for that usage.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Ill give MultiMC a try thanks! One would think a launcher should be capable of something as basic as mod management in this way. But I guess we have the 'news' tab thats updated once every 5 years or so so thats a good tradeoff right?!

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Ill give MultiMC a try thanks! One would think a launcher should be capable of something as basic as mod management in this way. But I guess we have the 'news' tab thats updated once every 5 years or so so thats a good tradeoff right?!

The FTB launcher will automatically update the modpacks, and it also has texture packs built right in for ease of use. MultiMC, conversely, is designed around making an awesome MineCraft launcher, instead of making an awesome MineCraft modpack.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB launcher will automatically update the modpacks, and it also has texture packs built right in for ease of use. MultiMC, conversely, is designed around making an awesome MineCraft launcher, instead of making an awesome MineCraft modpack.

Yeah, but its easier to go and download the modpack myself every 2 weeks than it is to manage multiple MC installs. Something a launcher should do even more so due to having differing mod packs that are comparable with different MC versions. So in reality the launcher is only functional for a single version of MC regardless of the mod pack management.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but its easier to go and download the modpack myself every 2 weeks than it is to manage multiple MC installs. Something a launcher should do even more so due to having differing mod packs that are comparable with different MC versions. So in reality the launcher is only functional for a single version of MC regardless of the mod pack management.

If you consider that a fault, I would suggest starting a thread about it here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forums/launcher-feedback.50/