New Lands (1.7.10)(unlisted)

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
New lands is a pack about making minecraft worlds seem more "alive".
Based around plants, animals, biomes, and ores, new lands will make your world more interesting.

Pack code: DragonNewLands

1. make sure all new releases are working.

Other notes:
BoP biomes will generate in highlands worlds, so use them if you want everything.

Last edited:

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Sounds awesome! Had an idea for a pack like this a while ago, so can I suggest a few things? Also, what is the pack code?
  1. BetterGeo is the best mod for the underground. It doesn't just add stone formations where one area has this, one area has that, etc. In addition to a ton of igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary stones that are scattered in patches by land vs. ocean and height level, there's also metals and gems hidden in some of the stones each... which mean tech mods that add copper, tin, etc. can still function with the addition of this mod. Metallurgy would need to be removed, though...
  2. Don't think you can have that many biomes (especially with Twilight Forest), so I'd say Highlands. Biomes look the best out of all of them. EBXL could work too if you want, it has really epic-looking building blocks. But BoP, in my honest opinion, is overused.
  3. I don't believe there's enough tech/magic... So here are a few mods: Aura Cascade, Witchery, EssentialCraft 3 (with ore gen disabled, since the ore drops can be obtained in other ways), Flaxbeard's Steam Power (with ore gen disabled, since BetterGeo covers it), and PneumaticCraft (maybe with Pneumatic Cooking as an addon?). The last 2 are tech mods, but they're not electricity, so I think they fit well in the pack.
  4. Modular Flower Pots AND Garden Stuff? Garden Stuff is basically an improved version of the former, so you should probably just include that. For another decorative mod, how about CraftHeraldry? I also don't see Chisel or Carpenter's Blocks, and they're staple mods.

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds awesome! Had an idea for a pack like this a while ago, so can I suggest a few things? Also, what is the pack code?
  1. BetterGeo is the best mod for the underground. It doesn't just add stone formations where one area has this, one area has that, etc. In addition to a ton of igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary stones that are scattered in patches by land vs. ocean and height level, there's also metals and gems hidden in some of the stones each... which mean tech mods that add copper, tin, etc. can still function with the addition of this mod. Metallurgy would need to be removed, though...
  2. Don't think you can have that many biomes (especially with Twilight Forest), so I'd say Highlands. Biomes look the best out of all of them. EBXL could work too if you want, it has really epic-looking building blocks. But BoP, in my honest opinion, is overused.
  3. I don't believe there's enough tech/magic... So here are a few mods: Aura Cascade, Witchery, EssentialCraft 3 (with ore gen disabled, since the ore drops can be obtained in other ways), Flaxbeard's Steam Power (with ore gen disabled, since BetterGeo covers it), and PneumaticCraft (maybe with Pneumatic Cooking as an addon?). The last 2 are tech mods, but they're not electricity, so I think they fit well in the pack.
  4. Modular Flower Pots AND Garden Stuff? Garden Stuff is basically an improved version of the former, so you should probably just include that. For another decorative mod, how about CraftHeraldry? I also don't see Chisel or Carpenter's Blocks, and they're staple mods.

1.Ok, I think i'll add a couple more underground themed mods in 1.0.5
2.I added them all so you could choose which world gen type you want, but yeah, I can see how that could be a problem.
3.yeah I like all those mods. I'll add them in 1.0.5
4. oops yeah. I'll look into craftheraldry.

Edit: I saw craft heraldry it looks cool, I'll add it.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
1.Ok, I think i'll add a couple more underground themed mods in 1.0.5
Also, GeoStrata is a Reika mod, so you'll need permission, but it's not one he cares that strongly about like he does with his automation mods. It only generates its stone in packets, allowing you to use Metallurgy and a few other mods too, like maybe Hydraulicraft.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
And as a companion to Metallurgy for gems, how about Silent's Gems? The idea here being that Metallurgy offers epic stats, but Silent's offers somewhat customizable tools like TiCon (and don't have TiCon, cause then you'll need the OP stats of ExtraTiC which ruin the spirit of the mod).

Reactions: dragon_fang101

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
I think* I got bettergeo to work with metallurgy. I'm not sure if both ores will spawn, have to test, but thats honestly the least of my problems.
I spent 2 hours changing every single biome ID, i believe I had 200+

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
About EssentialCraft and Botania.

If you're going with BetterGeo, be mindful of Botania's Livingrock and EssentialCraft's Magical Fortified Stone. Both are transformations of vanilla stone. While Botania's problem can be solved with a few ModTweaker scripts for the new stones (and it might use the ore dictionary, too), EssentialCraft doesn't have any ModTweaker handlers to speak of. So, I recommend you add a crafting recipe of vanilla Cobblestone (maybe involving Gravel?), or you just remove EC3 altogether.

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
About EssentialCraft and Botania.

If you're going with BetterGeo, be mindful of Botania's Livingrock and EssentialCraft's Magical Fortified Stone. Both are transformations of vanilla stone. While Botania's problem can be solved with a few ModTweaker scripts for the new stones (and it might use the ore dictionary, too), EssentialCraft doesn't have any ModTweaker handlers to speak of. So, I recommend you add a crafting recipe of vanilla Cobblestone (maybe involving Gravel?), or you just remove EC3 altogether.
So, if I dont have better geo its not a problem?

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
So, if I dont have better geo its not a problem?
I guess that's a point. But some stone mod would be good, such as GeoStrata. Then, you could also have stuff like Metallurgy, Silent's Gems and tech/magic mods that add ores not used by BetterGeo, like Hydraulicraft and Electrical Age (two mods I also recommend).

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
Nice little checklist:
  1. Done!
  2. Sorta...
  3. Done!
  4. 1st part done! 2nd part pending...

Pending...

Pending...

Okay, discovered this when customizing my Resonant Rise instance: BigTrees. Epic mod, works with BoP. Changes more terrain than you'd think.

Last edited: