[Build] Winterlodge - Snowhide

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I think this is the right place for one of these? I probably have no idea what I'm doing. Here, have a build showcase.

http://imgur.com/a/U5LVW

Some highlights of the album:
6bc6561776.png

14fe4837a2.png

deb101f08f.png

So long story short, I've been playing my custom 1.7.10 heavily modded pack for at least two months plus, maybe more than three, off and on. This is where I'm at now. I've finally branched farther away from spawn with updated weaponry and am now able to basically have loads of unlimited building resources thanks to ProjectE and Chisel 2, so I'll be working on more structural and decorative projects in the near future. If you like what I have so far, and would like to see more, please let me know?

One of the reasons I posted here was to see if anyone had any suggestions for decorative ideas. Feel free to tell me, I'm always looking for ways to make my base look nicer. And of course, this is just the beginning of a soon-to-be rather large base of operations. I've also started work on an oil rig-type structure in one of my world's seas, but it had to be postponed due to a (now resolved) issue with Chisel and Optifine. I would've included more chisel blocks in this building, but I still had that same error (it was a chunkloading thingy, no biggie).

Finally, if you'd like me to place a statue of yourself somewhere in my base, just reply with your Minecraft username and some depiction of where/how you'd like a mini-you! The two statues at the front of Snowhide are examples of how this is done.

Thanks for viewing!

Bonus points if you can extrapolate what I might be working on next..... it's difficult, as I haven't alluded to it at all yet, but there is a certain part of the house that is a bit disconnected from the rest. See if you can guess what that might be... :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Very nice job on all the decorations. And as far as I can see you made good use of some of the carpenter's features(the snow on the roof etc). But I do find the house a tiny bit simplistic.

Guess on what is up next: Hidden elevator/door/portal to your real base? :)

Reactions: Eruantien

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice job on all the decorations. And as far as I can see you made good use of some of the carpenter's features(the snow on the roof etc). But I do find the house a tiny bit simplistic.

Guess on what is up next: Hidden elevator/door/portal to your real base? :)
I do enjoy the minimalistic look. :D
Yeah, I might expand on the roof next. Depends on whether or not gables would look nice over the entrance and sides, I'll have to see. And I do believe I'll be adding more features to the outside such as vanity supports (fences, posts, maybe some microblocks and miniature insets), as well as structural enhancements. Maybe...
This is cool, house looks a bit dark though.
Dark on the inside? Yeah, I think it's the lighting resourcepack I have. I enjoy it though.

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
I do enjoy the minimalistic look. :D
Yeah, I might expand on the roof next. Depends on whether or not gables would look nice over the entrance and sides, I'll have to see. And I do believe I'll be adding more features to the outside such as vanity supports (fences, posts, maybe some microblocks and miniature insets), as well as structural enhancements. Maybe...

Dark on the inside? Yeah, I think it's the lighting resourcepack I have. I enjoy it though.
oh, ok. I just didn't see any torches so I paniked.