Request Looking for a mod that prevents the player from breaking/placing blocks

420Kebab1337

Jul 29, 2019
I'm making an HQM modpack and it's going great, however my pack focuses a lot on exploration and dungeons/ruins, that sort of thing. However, I don't want players to be going around building bridges and destroying walls and things like that in my dungeons, but at the same time, I don't want to set their gamemode to adventure or take away their items for that dungeon. Is there a simple mod which just disables breaking and placing blocks within a certain, customizable area? That would be great! Thanks.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Twilight forest has blocks that at least prevent the breakage of blocks probably also for placing.
If I remember correctly pneumaticcraft also has something to prevent the breaking of blocks. With thaumcraft you can also ward blocks so they can't be destroyed.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
WAT again?
+1 to @lenscas. pneumaticcraft security machine can prevent placing blocks. but can be hacked.
just add to list MFFS (as i remember both autors)

Last edited:

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
You could use a permissions mod like mytown2 to claim the chunks as a town...
I don't know how well it works for ssp games.

aadje93

Jul 29, 2019
setting up a server is pretty easy, i've done it in 15 minutes on a centOS vm on my vm-lab *do note i have very little CLI experience, the vm lab is just for learning/discovering purposes for now) Install java (simple Yum command) coppy the ftb infinity server files (winscp, easy :p) and then just run "sh ServerStart.sh" and see the magic happen, then you can use all* multiplayer mods you want on a singleplayer game (if you run it on windows its even easier just click ServerStart.exe and let the magic happen)

*i've heard bukkit is shutdown, haven't used it for over 2 years when i've run into ftb/tekkit I dropped my multiplayer server (to much hassle, administration, banning griefers flamers etc.) so i started singleplayer technics which i enjoy more :)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
setting up a server is pretty easy, i've done it in 15 minutes on a centOS vm on my vm-lab *do note i have very little CLI experience, the vm lab is just for learning/discovering purposes for now) Install java (simple Yum command) coppy the ftb infinity server files (winscp, easy :p) and then just run "sh ServerStart.sh" and see the magic happen, then you can use all* multiplayer mods you want on a singleplayer game (if you run it on windows its even easier just click ServerStart.exe and let the magic happen)

*i've heard bukkit is shutdown, haven't used it for over 2 years when i've run into ftb/tekkit I dropped my multiplayer server (to much hassle, administration, banning griefers flamers etc.) so i started singleplayer technics which i enjoy more :)
It isn't about how to make servers, he wants to make a custom pack where people that play his pack even in single player can't break all the blocks in his custom dungeons.

Reactions: RedBoss

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Adventure Mode is a viable option.

What? Adventure mode is as far as I can determine entirely pointless. Unless I missed something the *only* thing adventure mode does is require that you use the correct tool for breaking blocks. So your world is protected for as long as you can prevent the player getting a wooden axe. For, with a wooden axe they can break a tree. And with a tree they can make a wooden pick. And with a wooden pick they can mine some cobble. And with cobble, with cobble they can quarry your world down to bedrock.

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
What? Adventure mode is as far as I can determine entirely pointless. Unless I missed something the *only* thing adventure mode does is require that you use the correct tool for breaking blocks. So your world is protected for as long as you can prevent the player getting a wooden axe. For, with a wooden axe they can break a tree. And with a tree they can make a wooden pick. And with a wooden pick they can mine some cobble. And with cobble, with cobble they can quarry your world down to bedrock.
Yeah, I forgot about that... You can always use Forge Essentials. I think they add a way to break specific blocks, but I'm not sure. I would use Yulife's suggestion.