Any in-depth Witchery/Blood Magic guides?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
These are really the only magic mods I've never gotten into, mostly due to lack of in-game documentation (well, Witchery has a load of books, but not much that I've found that describes mod progression). So if anyone knows any good guides for these mods, I would greatly appreciate it. Text-based guides are preferred, though videos work fine as well. Bonus points if it's in PDF form.

Sent from my Z667T using Tapatalk

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I don't know of any offhand for Witchery, but I know @Padfoote has a Blood Magic Getting Started Guide, up to Tier 5.

Both these mods are massive though and Padfoote only scratches the surface of what you can do with blood magic.

You know, I keep seeing references to this thread/post by Padfoote, and it is quite detailed. Problem is, I'm leery to try it, as it is over a year old now. With most mods, anything over 6 months may not be accurate at all.

Anyone currently following this guide? How relevant is it to today's version of Blood Magic?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
It's still fairly relevent, getting started in BM hasn't changed that much. The only BIG change I can think of is the addition of the "blood vest" as I call it, which automatically makes LP by damaging you when you wear it, until you reach half health or it gets full (with 1 unaugmented alter's worth of LP.) You can dump this LP into the alter by right clicking the vest on the alter, when it's empty and not doing anything. (EDIT: And there is nothing stopping you doing it the way mentioned in the guide in either case)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I don't know of any offhand for Witchery, but I know @Padfoote has a Blood Magic Getting Started Guide, up to Tier 5.

Both these mods are massive though and Padfoote only scratches the surface of what you can do with blood magic.

You know, I keep seeing references to this thread/post by Padfoote, and it is quite detailed. Problem is, I'm leery to try it, as it is over a year old now. With most mods, anything over 6 months may not be accurate at all.

Anyone currently following this guide? How relevant is it to today's version of Blood Magic?

It's still fairly relevent, getting started in BM hasn't changed that much. The only BIG change I can think of is the addition of the "blood vest" as I call it, which automatically makes LP by damaging you when you wear it, until you reach half health or it gets full (with 1 unaugmented alter's worth of LP.) You can dump this LP into the alter by right clicking the vest on the alter, when it's empty and not doing anything. (EDIT: And there is nothing stopping you doing it the way mentioned in the guide in either case)

Okay, so that guide is quite old and I haven't done much with BM lately. What I have done, however, shows me that what's written in that guide should still work, although there are multiple new things not documented that will make the process much easier. Past about T3 / T4 though, I've heard it's pretty much identical up until you try T6, which didn't exist when I wrote that. If you do try to follow that guide, let me know just how accurate it still is, I'm a little curious but don't want to go through it again myself right now.