[1.7.10] Hello World! [Curse Launcher][Full Release][HQM][JamPacked II]

Would You Watch Videos If We Made Them? Some gameplay and some modpack creation?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
When I make a new game it starts me in creative mode (in mid air) at the location -208, 98, 49. I spawn without a quest book.

Gin-German

Jul 29, 2019
I gotta agree with Gamebuster above me, I still have received no update of the game on the FTB Launcher and I am not going to use the Curse Launcher as I have had bad experiences with it numerous times in the past.

Any chance that the FTB launcher gets the update as well? Otherwise I cannot really play this pack at all as both ver. 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 start in the city flying and in creative mode.

Andysan

Jul 29, 2019
What can i say... It may be nice pack, but as i see - you don`t update FTB launcher version for half month! And in Curse... 1.0.8... Dude, you publish your pack as "FTB third-party" or what? Keep it up to date, please.

Sahid

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. Love the modpack, made it pretty far in it. Besides pointing out a typo in the word "Ambiguity" under the green Hello World! when the game is launched the main menu, I wanted to make a suggestion to change a quest. There is a quest for Capacity Banks (8 of them) that I found way too hard, and waaaaaaay unnecessary to complete. I would ask and suggest to change it to 8 Basic Capacitor Banks instead of regular Capacitor Banks. I will never need to store 40 million RF, and in 99% of modpacks I ever played, I never needed to store more than 5-6 million of RF at most. Even to instantly fully charge my maxed out Dark Steel armor only takes 4 million RF, and I only need to do that once. This one quest locks the quests below it, and I have been sifting sand, gravel and netherrack for hours just to get enough resources to make 8 banks I will never use. If advices/suggestions like these are welcomed, I have many more. Total of 30 hours or so played in this pack so far.

The biggest issue I would say is the narration of the story. English is not my first language, but I have great command of it. However, I could not understand ANYTHING that was said. Separate words - sure, but overall, I could not follow the story at all. The voice is too distorted. I'm still enjoying the pack a whole lot, but completely missed out on the story, and it sounds like it's an awesome one.

emmyleeanne

Jul 29, 2019
Boy, I sure wish I could play this pack. But unfortunately, the version on the FTB launcher is broken! Even more unfortunate, I have a Mac and only get Curse Voice, no games! :)

So great. Sooooooooo great.
Not.

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
There seems to be a lot of interest in updating the FTB version, I have originally planned to leave it as is, but I'll look into updating it tomorrow for you guys

StacyKrugger

Jul 29, 2019
If you could that'd be amazing, I'm on Linux and Curse kinda hates us so no Curse for me lol I've been watching DeadPine stream your pack and I'm really excited to try it out myself!

emmyleeanne

Jul 29, 2019
I would really appreciate that. :)

If you could that'd be amazing, I'm on Linux and Curse kinda hates us so no Curse for me lol I've been watching DeadPine stream your pack and I'm really excited to try it out myself!

I've been watching DeadPine too, that's the reason I want to play it! xD

convictvx

Jul 29, 2019
There seems to be a lot of interest in updating the FTB version, I have originally planned to leave it as is, but I'll look into updating it tomorrow for you guys

yes please as the curse client version crashed on me. Atm i'm reinstelling it as i installed it when mojang servers were acting up yesterday. Maybe something messed up while installing. Also i dislike the curseclient a little bit and i try to avoid it if possible.

ps, if the pack crashes again i will edit and place my crash log in here: http://pastebin.com/UE5mPQK0

Edit: added crash report and tried to do some grammer fixes.

Last edited:

A2000

Jul 29, 2019
Yes please, we would love you to keep it up to date on FTB (I really don't like Curse as it is a Messenger Client and not a Launcher) please keep FTB updated.

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I've been working on it for you guys, and FTB have to approve pack submissions, and this takes longer than curse, so it could be a few days! But I'll do it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: convictvx

emmyleeanne

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you very much, I appreciate it. I love questing modpacks but I'm having a hard time finding one I really enjoy.

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
You might be interested to know I'm working on another pack, aimed for the Christmas period, should release about November 25th. Has a really cool story, and quests if I don't say so myself

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
I must say the pack is looking good. I tried it out about 2 months or so ago while it was still a buggy mess. It's cool to see you've tidied things up, and I'm excited to play the pack as a released version :D

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
So far this looks like a really great modpack. I've barely started though, so hopefully it keeps an interest! Just a few criticisms so far I thought worth pointing out.

1) I like the custom main menu screen, but try not to rename the buttons. It's really confusing!
2) The narrating was impossible for me to understand. This is mostly due to either poor recording equipment or a super low codec usage. Combine that with not speaking words clearly and distinctly, and I can't understand it at all. This is unfortunate because I think it would add a lot to the overall atmosphere of the modpack.
3) My first (and only so far) attempt started me off in the middle of the night. When I ported to the ground I was killed quickly by skeletons below. Had to wait (I hate waiting) for daylight to proceed. Don't make us wait at the beginning when there's literally nothing else to do.

Keep up the good work! I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.