Melee turtle

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Fyugre

Jul 29, 2019
I have a simple blaze grinder setup with melee turtles, how do I change what they are running/stop them without breaking them :s

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I have a simple blaze grinder setup with melee turtles, how do I change what they are running/stop them without breaking them :s

There are a bunch of ways to do it, such as setting the melee turtle to constantly detect a redstone signal (I suggest that you make it only attack when the redstone signal is ON, so if the lever is broken it will default to off. For bonus points, tie it into your T5 spawner's redstone controls), make an access port away from the face of the melee turtle, or use a remote computer (using the rednet modem API) to start/stop the turtle's attack phase.

If you mean that it is stuck in the program, hold down CTRL and then hold down the T button for two to five seconds to break out of the program.

Fyugre

Jul 29, 2019
There are a bunch of ways to do it, such as setting the melee turtle to constantly detect a redstone signal (I suggest that you make it only attack when the redstone signal is ON, so if the lever is broken it will default to off. For bonus points, tie it into your T5 spawner's redstone controls), make an access port away from the face of the melee turtle, or use a remote computer (using the rednet modem API) to start/stop the turtle's attack phase.

If you mean that it is stuck in the program, hold down CTRL and then hold down the T button for two to five seconds to break out of the program.
Thanks it was stuck in the program, i'll set it to detect a redstone signal.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks it was stuck in the program, i'll set it to detect a redstone signal.

If you don't have any reason besides getting out of the program to do that, you can just use CTRL-T to end the program now that you know about it. It is what I do for most programs that I don't really need to interface with often, as opposed to building a redstone check or a proper "End by pressing any key that is not the ESC key" around it.