Bug FTB infinity lag with 200fps

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KoningPierre

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I have a problem! I,am new with the feed the beast infinity modpack and tried it. I really like the mods in infinity and i played many other feed the beast modpacks.

But in infinity i have some ''lag''. I have a average fps from 200. But it feels like 20-40. When i limit my fps to 120, 60 or Vsync it also doens't make it better.

I also tried optifine and i removed thaumic horizons because it is bugging.

My pc specs:

Intel core i5 4460 @3.2Ghz (3.4 with turboboost)
Asus Strix gtx 970
8GB RAM
120GB SSD
1TB Hdd

Infinity is installed on my ssd (70GB left). And i have 3.5GB allocated (When i, am playing my pc uses 80% of the RAM (i saw that in task manager).

Does somebody know a solution?

thanks!

Reactions: aaaalhijab88

christopher bernard

Jul 29, 2019
FTB is a little resource intensive but infinity creates lag because its actually more resource intensive than it looks.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

DorinnB

Jul 29, 2019
to be clear, do you have lag, fps or tps issues ?

fps going from 120 to 60 isn't lag at all, it's fps issue.

KoningPierre

Jul 29, 2019
FTB is a little resource intensive but infinity creates lag because its actually more resource intensive than it looks.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk
But is there a solution for?

to be clear, do you have lag, fps or tps issues ?

fps going from 120 to 60 isn't lag at all, it's fps issue.
The fps average fps is 200. But isn't very stable! It is junping from 120 to 200 to 130 to 250 etc. In a couple of seconds. But it is every time above 60 fps.

I am playing in single player. So i doesn't have tps or internet lag.

The problem is: The fps is high but it feels like it is 20 to 30 fps.

DorinnB

Jul 29, 2019
i would try opis and check your log. Could be your tps low (try also forge tps, cofh tps or even tps, I don't know what work on infinity)

KoningPierre

Jul 29, 2019
When i typ: /tps i get this in the chat:
20.0 tps
Total period 50.1ms (avg 50,0 ms, min 32,0 ms, max 69,1 ms)
Active period 6.5ms (avg 6,3 ms, min 5,6 ms, max 8,2 ms)

I think this is way to high isn't it?

And when I open Opis i see this but i dont understand it.
7313837cc40769dde8451e948bad0bb9.png

In te log there is one warning from my texture pack (faithfull). But without my texture pack i have the problem to.

Sorry that is ask so much. But in this area I get nothing from modpacks. And my PC should be able to easily handle it.

Last edited:

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I have a problem! I,am new with the feed the beast infinity modpack and tried it. I really like the mods in infinity and i played many other feed the beast modpacks.

But in infinity i have some ''lag''. I have a average fps from 200. But it feels like 20-40. When i limit my fps to 120, 60 or Vsync it also doens't make it better.

I also tried optifine and i removed thaumic horizons because it is bugging.

My pc specs:

Intel core i5 4460 @3.2Ghz (3.4 with turboboost)
Asus Strix gtx 970
8GB RAM
120GB SSD
1TB Hdd

Infinity is installed on my ssd (70GB left). And i have 3.5GB allocated (When i, am playing my pc uses 80% of the RAM (i saw that in task manager).

Does somebody know a solution?

thanks!
Bump up the RAM 3.5 is a little low for that pack

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
False. I run it perfectly fine on 3GB. Increasing the RAM past this can and will cause issues for most people.
False too
Not for everyone
I need to allocate at least 5 GB of RAM or I get lag Spikes of doom

KoningPierre

Jul 29, 2019
False too
Not for everyone

I use game booster on the moment to close background processes. Now i can allocate 5GB ram. It works a little bit but not very much. Even when I press F3 i see that Minecraft only uses 2 - 2.5GB Ram not the whole 5GB.

Does somebody know other tips for me? Maybe some Java arguments or a tip to make my tps better.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I use game booster on the moment to close background processes. Now i can allocate 5GB ram. It works a little bit but not very much. Even when I press F3 i see that Minecraft only uses 2 - 2.5GB Ram not the whole 5GB.

Does somebody know other tips for me? Maybe some Java arguments or a tip to make my tps better.
In my experiences, Razer Game Booster actually uses more CPU then all of the processes running combined..

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
False too
Not for everyone

And then Java garbage collection begins to drown on all the RAM that's been given. More RAM causes more problems than it fixes.

Reactions: mattp_12

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
And then Java garbage collection begins to drown on all the RAM that's been given. More RAM causes more problems than it fixes.
As i said not for me i have no lags at all with my allocation

monzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Try going into your journey map settings and turning of some of the things. I found a thread about where minecraft does this thing that it renders the mobs that are being seen by the map to the world.

KoningPierre

Jul 29, 2019
Try going into your journey map settings and turning of some of the things. I found a thread about where minecraft does this thing that it renders the mobs that are being seen by the map to the world.
I dont like the journeymap so i replaced it for the Rei mini map. So that cant be the problem :)