Ritual of Gaia's Transformation + Bee Habitat Data

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jinotad

Jul 29, 2019
I've been working on creating a biome for each combination of the Forestry Bees habitats. There are 16 possible combinations including a nether biome. I've been working with the Blood Magic's Ritual of Gaia's Transformation and Rite of Shifting Seasons from Witchery to change the biomes around my land. Instead of doing trial by error on the server I'm playing on, I did some tests in a single player world, and thought I would share the results.

Using FTB: Infinity, I took the time to perform each of the 200+ possible sacrifice combination for the Ritual of Gaia's Transformation, and collected the data. When the ritual is performed it checks the list of all possible biomes in the sever registry, and picks the closest to the sacrifice target. So this data may not be as useful in other mods, or in different versions of FTB: Infinity.

Once I performed all of the possible combination, I then placed an Apiary down in each of the different biomes, and recorded their bee environment data. There were 11 out of the 16 different habitat combinations represented in the biomes the Ritual created. I've made a record of all of the biomes that were generated, what their sacrifice combinations are, and what bee habitat each one was.

I've split this data into two pages, one specifically the Ritual of Gaia's Transformation, and the second specifically for the Bee Habitat information. The Bee Habitat explains which biomes has which environments, and a list of recommended biomes for each habitat combination, how to obtain them.

http://pastebin.com/nJG7wgtD
Lists all of the different biomes that can be created by Gaia's, and what each of the sacrifice combinations is. Please note this is FTB: Infinity 1.6.2
http://pastebin.com/UWuKJLP3
This shows the bee habitat information for each of the biomes from the Gaia's Transformation, as well a recommendation guide explaining how to obtain 15 out of the 16 different habitat combinations using both Gaia's Transformation, and Witchery's Rite of Shifting Seasons. I never did figure out a biome that fits the Icy/Damp habitat.

Hope this helps, and if anyone thinks it should, and knows how to put it on the Wiki, please feel free to do so.

Last edited:

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
If someone can explain this a bit more in-depth to me I'd gladly add it. Right now, I don't really understand any of it as I've never really dabbled with Botania OR Forestry Bees...

Jinotad

Jul 29, 2019
Correction: SatanicSanta, The Blood Magic: Ritual of Gaia's Transformation allows the players to sacrifice items in an attempt to change the biome in an area to a "target" biome, based on the temperature/humidity. The difficulty in this lies in the fact that these numbers are hidden to the average user, thus almost requiring blind trial and error when selecting a biome. Even using the NEI biome dump, some biomes cannot be selected, and other biomes have the exact same target value as eachother. This makes it difficult to know which biome will be created even knowing the values.

The temperature and humidity stats for the biomes range from 0.0 to 2.0, and the RoGT allows you to specify in increments of .1; What I have done, is performed and documented each of the possible 400+ combinations. Each combination either changes an area into a biome with the specified temperature and humidity, or fails and creates a plains biome instead of the target. The http://pastebin.com/nJG7wgtD documents shows, in FTB: Infinity, what biomes the RoGT can create, and what items are used to create that biome. Players using this information can then know what they need to sacrifice in order to create which biome. Reducing the need to guess or attempting to create a biome that RoGT cannot create.

For an example: Say my home is set up in a snowy biome, and I want an area with no rain/snow. I would want an area converted into a desert. Originally I would either have to try and figure out what the hidden temperature and humidity for the biome, or take a while guess, and then sacrifice items in hopes that I would get a desert. With the data I collected, I could just look up desert, and then see that I need to sacrifice three Buckets of Lava, a Coal Block, a piece of Coal, and one Netherack to create a desert biome with RoGT.

It should be noted that the list of biomes, and what their temperature/humidity changes with the mods installed, and possibly updates to the their biome stats. So, for now this information is current only for FTB: Infinity, and is not accurate for other packs.

~~~~

When it comes to the Forestry Bees, each bee will have a combination of temperature and humidity that they require to breed in. There are 6 different temperatures; Icy, Cold, Normal, Warm, Hot, and Hell (nether) and 3 humidity levels; Arid, Normal, and Damp. Each biome has a combination of temperature and humidity based on its hidden numbers. Normally you would have to search for a location that has 2-3 different biomes bordering each other that have different habitats. For example, you might want to find a jungle (Hot/Damp), snow (Cold/Normal) and river(Normal/Normal) biomes right next to each other, this way you don't have to go far when working on your Bees.

The idea that I originally had was using the RoGT to change the biomes around my home so I would have each possible combination temperature and humidity near by. This way, no matter what the bees require, I would have an area they could breed in. This is the reason why I tried all of the combinations for the RoGT, so I could find out which biomes I could create, and by extension which habitats I could create for the bees. I discovered I could only create 11 of the temperature and humidity combinations using the RoGT. So to acquire the other combinations I wanted, I used the Witchery: Rite of Shifting Seasons.

So the http://pastebin.com/UWuKJLP3 documents which biomes I chose to fill each combination, and which mod I used to acquire them. From witchery, I stated the in game books to get the information. For the Blood Magic RoGT, I included the sacrifice recipes for the biomes I chose. In addition, I list all of the biomes the RoGT could create, and what their habitat data is.

I did forget to list the Cold/Damp: Snowy Forest. It should be under the Witchery group, with the Forest category.

Hope this explained things better for you SatanicSanta. If you have any other questions, or need something clarified let me know.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

Jinotad

Jul 29, 2019
The Blood Magic: RoGT take the biome list of all currently installed biomes and their stats. Then it will attempt to match your "target" to a biome from that list within a .1 range of temperature/humidity. If there is no biome close to the target, it generates a plaines biome. If there are more than one biome with the target numbers. It picks one, (how exactly it determines which to pick, I do not know) and creates the biome of that type.

Because of this, any mod that comes with biomes, would change the list of biomes, and there by has a chance to change which recipe goes with which biome. The more biomes that a mod has, the larger impact it will have on which biomes RoGT can create. If the mod only adds 1 biome, then impact of the list will be slim, if at all.

Reactions: ICountFrom0