Lightning Strikes From Hell

EZ2Remember

Jul 29, 2019
My bee farm is under attack from random lightning strikes. Could this be caused from using Soul Frames?

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
There are bees called excited bees you may have bred. Their negative...aspect is what you described: random lightning strikes.

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
You could build a lightning rod if you use a pack including GregTech, really good source of EU.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
I don't beleive they trigger the Lightning rod type of lightning from what I've read, and they produce redstone.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
They do not produce the lightning rod lighting, that only happens in the event of a real minecraft thunderstorm (or a rainstorm if you're high enough).

Well, at least Redstone in any energy storage device (MFE, MFSU) will produce 500 EU, but there are much, much better uses of redstone than that.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
There are a couple of possibilities for constant lightning strikes either energetic bees, which have lightning as their effect or if you have ThaumicBees installed and are using the frames added by that your flux level could be at a level high enough to cause lightning strikes.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
From what I know, he is using the Mindcrack pack (when I tried to message him to ask if I could join his server, no response--still), so there are no bees. I know direwolf20's going to add them, but what of Mindcrack? I think it'd be very cool if thaumic bees were added. It's the cross mod compatibility mods that make FTB bind together, not those mods that go their own way and ignore all the other mods.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Well in that case I'd say it's the bees themselves in which case you can: use a serum to cancel the effect or you could just breed it out of them via the vanilla forestry breeding process or you could just enjoy the lightshow :D
(I do wonder if these strikes are able to supercharge creepers\convert piggies\supercharge a gravity gun, I know they won't power a Gregtech lightning rod since it is coded to work on the actual weather but those other ones hmm maybe...)

BadSuzy

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to know how to stop these lightning strikes. I have a server that uses the MindCrack Pack. The lightning strikes started today a little while ago. I did not breed any Thaumic Bees, Excited Bees, or any of the aforementioned bees in this thread. The lighting strikes are getting very very annoying. They keep striking me and burning down the trees I'm trying to breed.

I have used an effect cancelation serum. Is there something else in the game that could be causing these lightning strikes? If so what is it? How is it caused and what can I do to prevent it?

Thanks in Advance

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft could be your problem. This thread was about certain bees from ExtraBees, but that doesn't seem to be your problem. It could be thaumcraft, I could be wrong, but invest in the research of Goggles of Revealing. It could help you further explain the aura and flux that may inhabit your environment.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Large amounts of flux in an area can cause random lightning strikes. If someone on your server has been abusing Thaumcraft magic, that could cause your problem, among other issues.

There's a much lower, although plausible, chance that you're close to a dark node which generates flux on its own and causes all the problems you'd expect accordingly.

Soloun

Jul 29, 2019
I had this same thing happen, it was daytime flux level 0.
I checked the bees nearest the strikes, I had an excited queen that had just breed, using the beealyser it showed Lightning as an effect and its active.
Once I removed the queen the lightning stopped, pity about the Bee house being mostly wood and glass hehe.
Based on this I believe its the bee :)

Soloun

Jul 29, 2019
I playing single player, the excited queen bee shows up as having lightning as an active effect when checking its genetics, if I put the queen back in a hive lightning strikes begin to occur again, if I take her out, they stop.
There is no flux in that node according to my goggles of revealing, its an interesting effect from the bee's.
Plus it was day and sunny for what that's worth.
It surprised me, I thought it was something new from Greg Tech, random diamond explosions or something :)