Problem with adding mods in Direwolf 20

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ArgentTay

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have a problem, I want to add some mod in Direwolf 20 modpack like veinminer, Rainingfood, SolarFlux.

Minecraft run fine, I can create a new world with these additionals mods, but I can't load my main world...
It say "forge mod loader has detected that the backup level.dat is being used" and if I click "next", many world's blocks are became other blocks !

I think it is a conflicting between differents blocks ids but I'm not sure...

Is there an issue ? I really don't want restart a new world for add these mods....

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have a problem, I want to add some mod in Direwolf 20 modpack like veinminer, Rainingfood, SolarFlux.

Minecraft run fine, I can create a new world with these additionals mods, but I can't load my main world...
It say "forge mod loader has detected that the backup level.dat is being used" and if I click "next", many world's blocks are became other blocks !

I think it is a conflicting between differents blocks ids but I'm not sure...

Is there an issue ? I really don't want restart a new world for add these mods....
When you said that blocks were becoming other blocks, did you mean blocks that were from other mods were becoming blocks from the new mods?

ArgentTay

Jul 29, 2019
No, for exemple, I had just add Solar flux mod, and when I loaded my world, all my reactors blocks were become yellorium blocks...

How can I resolve quickly these id changes ? Because if I have to change ids one per one in config files mods, it will be very long... Is existing a tool which automatically resolve all conflicting id ?

I want add arround 20 mods

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
You can't configure block and item IDs anymore with the new system as they work automatically. If you have IDs changing you should try to only add new mods one at a time.

Reactions: Azzanine

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
You can't configure block and item IDs anymore with the new system as they work automatically. If you have IDs changing you should try to only add new mods one at a time.
I'm not 100% sure this is true. Unless my configs are way out if date. Most mods still have id lists in their config. I havent had to actually alter them though so I don't know.

That being said these block id mismatches shouldn't happen. I was gonna ask what version op's Direwolf is but if it has ReactorCraft it's gotta be the latest version for 1.7.10.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see any item/block ID configs in any 1.7 config. There are options to configure biome, enchant, potion effect and dimension IDs because those still use integer based ID systems.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see any item/block ID configs in any 1.7 config. There are options to configure biome, enchant, potion effect and dimension IDs because those still use integer based ID systems.
Some of that's changing though, right? Then modders won't be *quite* so angry at Mojang all the time. I mean, they'll still be pretty angry, but it'll be "shouting profanities" level instead of "throwing household appliances" level. :p