Automate mystcraft portal changing?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Soulsbane96

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to automate the changing of mystcraft books in portals? Using deployers to simulate a right click comes to mind, but Idk, cant test right now.
Anyone have any ideas? It's for a project I'm working on and can pretty much be as big as it needs to be.
I'm open to learning new things and new parts of mods
Needs to be automated where a few lever pulls or cc monitor will reliably pull the age put of the portal, put it in its spot (so I can know where it is and pull it out when i want it next) and put the new book in.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes, typed on my phone while riding in a car

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Book receptacles operate as inventories, so you can insert/extract books using any available machinery: BC pipes, RP tubes and machines, turtles, etc. A turtle-based solution is probably the easiest for up to 16 books, if you know or are willing to learn simple programming.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Actually with a retriever and a few bookstands+transposer+coloured cable should sort you out.
Dire had something similar in SSP S4- you can scrap the computer and just use buttons.​
Though why dont people do this?

About 25 secs in- swap TB2's pods for Myst portals and slide the lot over on frames.

Soulsbane96

Jul 29, 2019
Technically you can signal the bookswapping turtle by bundled cables.
I know I'm going to feel and look stupid for this but... how?
The extent of my knowledge of CC is 2 simple programs (sugarcane farm and a lumberjack) so any help/explaining will pretty much be beneficial and help me learn new things (I'll also be googling and wiki'ing so dont think I'm just trying to make you do all of it and me sit here doing nothing)

<*///><

Jul 29, 2019
The Redstone API has functions for setting and reading individual cables in a bundled cable. You'd just connect the control computer directly to the turtle and have the turtle wait for a redstone event.

DivideByZero

Jul 29, 2019
Actually with a retriever and a few bookstands+transposer+coloured cable should sort you out.
Dire had something similar in SSP S4- you can scrap the computer and just use buttons.
Very true, and if you wanted to go the computer craft route, or at least look at a working example, Dire started getting the automated setup here (Season 4, Episode 54):