Horizons: Daybreaker Released

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Aside from the fact we couldn't get it updated if it had any bugs, it's also been in a bunch of FTB packs before.

Mo Creatures still disallows mod packs, so that'd have to be out.

Interesting, could have sworn it was in Magic Farm 3.

Another animal mod is "Project Zulu" i would say thats a mod that few know about
Or "Oceancraft"

Reactions: dragon_fang101

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
@Gideonseymour

While i understand you wanted Horizons to use mods that are not well known...
I still think it should have kept some of its 1.6 mods. A lot of people were waiting on this pack because they thought it would be an updated version of Horizons 1.6.4
Personally i would much rather of had a "clone" of 1.6.4 with the updated mods. With some new addons for those mods.

As for packs that could use unknown mods... couldnt they be included in the new mod of the month packs? or a Mod spotlight of the month packs.

You did a great job on the pack, but im not sure if its what the community expected and wanted.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
@Gideonseymour

While i understand you wanted Horizons to use mods that are not well known...
I still think it should have kept some of its 1.6 mods. A lot of people were waiting on this pack because they thought it would be an updated version of Horizons 1.6.4
Personally i would much rather of had a "clone" of 1.6.4 with the updated mods. With some new addons for those mods.

As for packs that could use unknown mods... couldnt they be included in the new mod of the month packs? or a Mod spotlight of the month packs.

You did a great job on the pack, but im not sure if its what the community expected and wanted.

I played Horizons in 1.6.4 and it was a great pack. However I do think that some of the mods that were in that pack are not yet (and probably never will be) ported to 1.7.10. But I may be mistaken.

Anyway, 1.7.10 has many new mods that haven't been used in a modpack yet so it would be a shame not to include them in this I think.

In the end a modpack is always a matter of making choices and there will always be people who like these choices and people who don't. That's why FTB releases more then one modpack. So you can choose too :)

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
I played Horizons in 1.6.4 and it was a great pack. However I do think that some of the mods that were in that pack are not yet (and probably never will be) ported to 1.7.10. But I may be mistaken.

Anyway, 1.7.10 has many new mods that haven't been used in a modpack yet so it would be a shame not to include them in this I think.

In the end a modpack is always a matter of making choices and there will always be people who like these choices and people who don't. That's why FTB releases more then one modpack. So you can choose too :)
I agree, Im not saying Daybreak is a bad pack. It just isn't what a lot of players thought it would be. Horizions 1.6 while using unknown mods... still hadThaumcraft and other well known mods.

Im sure Daybreak will be popular, I just hope we get a 1.7 pack similar to the original.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
So after a few hours of playing with ee, I feel it is very different from its predecessor. I think it's far more balanced. That being said I definitely see the potential for abuse.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
I think you've missed the point of the pack. It's meant to showcase new mods to FTB, and AE is most certainly not new. Besides, there are so many other mods that add AE-like logistics in the pack - you shouldn't be focus on the lack of one mod when there are so many alternatives.
There is a reason most of these mods are unknown, as they are just very badly rehashed versions of existing mods with either no balance or other issues that makes them more difficult to use. What you have created is essentially a game of "will this block crash me, my server or my pc?" where alot of times the answer is yes. Servers have to disable about half of your mods sooner or later in order to even stay operable.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
There is a reason most of these mods are unknown, as they are just very badly rehashed versions of existing mods with either no balance or other issues that makes them more difficult to use. What you have created is essentially a game of "will this block crash me, my server or my pc?" where alot of times the answer is yes. Servers have to disable about half of your mods sooner or later in order to even stay operable.

Then don't play Horizons. The pack was designed to show off mods that FTB doesn't use. If you don't like the pack, don't download it instead of complaining about everything you can think of with it.

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
What you have created is essentially a game of "will this block crash me, my server or my pc?" where alot of times the answer is yes.
This bothers me.

All mods crash. Even if the well written ones rarely do, they still occasionally hiccup and crash. I'll agree on the fact that if you're downloading unknown mods from PMC purely because they're new and unknown, then you're probably going to crash your modpack. However, this pack is the hidden treasures of modded Minecraft, the mods that are good, but under the radar, as opposed to seen and disregarded due to instability, overpowered-ness, or any other reason.

The pack is not really my cup of tea either, but I'm not going to flame it or insult it with under-researched bias.

pAznik

Jul 29, 2019
I also have a problem to find a pack that suits me, so why don't you take my approach. I try a pack I see a mod that I like and I throw him in to the Infinity pack. With Curse Launcher takes 3 clicks with minimum risk of destroying everything ;) I've added at least 20 mods to Infinity and still works. With this pack i already find a couple of them that I like, and I will add them.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I am wondering if anyone else is having an issue where the breath bar while swimming doesn't appear. Is this by design?

Agent_Ores

Jul 29, 2019
When I tried to launch it it said that MineFactory Reloaded was not present
When the pack realized this it tried to skip pre-initialization
upon trying to skip pre-initialization it crashes

oh by the way since it didn't fully load and I didn't get see all the mods yet,
could you guys (The FTB Team) add Applied energistics 2, Iguana tweaks for tinkers' construct, and big reactors if they are not already in there

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
When I tried to launch it it said that MineFactory Reloaded was not present
When the pack realized this it tried to skip pre-initialization
upon trying to skip pre-initialization it crashes

oh by the way since it didn't fully load and I didn't get see all the mods yet,
could you guys (The FTB Team) add Applied energistics 2, Iguana tweaks for tinkers' construct, and big reactors if they are not already in there
Try going into options and selecting "Force Update," then launch the pack again