Final Boss in Twilight forest??

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
So check this out you guys in the pic.
zxwpjm.png
2ngsqh1.png
]spoiler]

So do you guys know what this is?? I never seen this place before and no bosses spawned. And in the colored glass area I went down a couple of levels and then it drops in this massive room and spawns furious zombies. So what is this ? It seems there is actually no boss or is there something specific I am supposed to do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
TF is a constant WIP. This is probably intended to be the last boss area you find, but the boss and everything else involved with it isn't implemented yet.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
The zombies are because you can get thaumcraft nodes in the twilight, so you must have a thaumcraft sinister node inside the castle.

That sign is exactly the sort of placeholder that I'd expect from twilight forest. I'm shocked that it was so easy to bypass the forcefields and just get to where the boss would be.

I honestly thought you'd have to get into each of the 4 towers and fight mini bosses before you'd have even a chance of reaching the "final" boss and getting the forcefield breaker to let you into the final treasure trove.

Flight tends to utterly break twilight forest, maybe they can get the flight prevention code that thaumcraft uses in the eldrich dimension....

(I refuse to think of it as final, due to the mushroom tower)

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one that's fairly saddened by the concept of a "Final Boss" in Twilight Forest? It's kind of like the feeling a fan would get if One Piece just abruptly ended. It's been going on for so long that the concept of it being "complete" just hits you like a brick and the whole thing just seems so small compared to what it once was.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
The zombies are because you can get thaumcraft nodes in the twilight, so you must have a thaumcraft sinister node inside the castle.

That sign is exactly the sort of placeholder that I'd expect from twilight forest. I'm shocked that it was so easy to bypass the forcefields and just get to where the boss would be.

I honestly thought you'd have to get into each of the 4 towers and fight mini bosses before you'd have even a chance of reaching the "final" boss and getting the forcefield breaker to let you into the final treasure trove.

Flight tends to utterly break twilight forest, maybe they can get the flight prevention code that thaumcraft uses in the eldrich dimension....

(I refuse to think of it as final, due to the mushroom tower)
Are you saying you did fight a boss? And ya those force fields broke instantly. I was like hmm this all seems to be kinda broken or something. I also thought that maybe the mod just was not finished all the way or something. I also went to the Maze areas with the Minotaurs and I got some book that explained there is evil wizards creating a force field and we have to break the spell and curses. Now I personally that it was very cool to see that. But where exactly is the wizards? Is the lynch king the wizard? So ya I am grateful to everyone who has replied and put there input on this. Thank all of you :)

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one that's fairly saddened by the concept of a "Final Boss" in Twilight Forest? It's kind of like the feeling a fan would get if One Piece just abruptly ended. It's been going on for so long that the concept of it being "complete" just hits you like a brick and the whole thing just seems so small compared to what it once was.
Ya I do not want the twilight to have a final end at all. I love the place it is my favorite spot to be usually. :)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Are you saying you did fight a boss? And ya those force fields broke instantly. I was like hmm this all seems to be kinda broken or something. I also thought that maybe the mod just was not finished all the way or something. I also went to the Maze areas with the Minotaurs and I got some book that explained there is evil wizards creating a force field and we have to break the spell and curses. Now I personally that it was very cool to see that. But where exactly is the wizards? Is the lynch king the wizard? So ya I am grateful to everyone who has replied and put there input on this. Thank all of you :)
For the record, a lich is a very powerful wizard who has used magic to defy death, according to almost every fantasy story written.
Usually look skeletal or heavily rotted(see also: TF Lich King), often think highly of themselves, sometimes even saying they are royalty, typically with lordship over the dead(see also: TF Lich King), and in some stories, are not evil so much as perhaps a bit uncaring, sometimes trying to keep a very powerful threat locked away or keep people waking it, in some way(see also: TF Lich King).

Reactions: idjmleader